Mark of Excellence Pizza - Waste of the last 5 years of my life. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mark of Excellence Pizza

"Waste of the last 5 years of my life."

Current Employee - General Manager in Arlington, TX
Current Employee - General Manager in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Mark of Excellence Pizza full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Definitely just in delivery. its a great supplemental job. make sure you stay on top of repairs or you're screwed out of a car.

Cons

Do not go into management in this company. they way this particular franchise works (this may the Domino's way, I'm not sure) is they butter you up into becoming a shift runner. You have the same responsibilities and accountability as a manager, but barely make 8.50 and hour. then you get moved up to Assistant. the max you can make there is 12 an hour, and that's roughly 5 years of of building up from 9 and hour. Right before you get a store, you are told you are awesome at your job and you will receive all the help you'll need. Then you get a store. A couple of months pass by and suddenly your not a bad ass anymore. nothing is ever good enough with this company. all you'll ever hear from upper management is "Make it happen". that's it. like you can magically fix everything in a heartbeat. you are on your own buddy. unless this is all you can get and have to support your family, which by the way you'll never see since the minimum hours are 50 hours a week, then take it. but don't expect to get breaks, don't expect help from them when your car breaks down, and don't expect anything but the constant fear that someone is going to rob you at gunpoint for the $20 in your pocket. there is way more wrong with this company, and it seems half of what these people do is illegal, but somehow it's legal.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect! Seriously. I've never seen a company so disinterested in keeping their employees happy. maybe comp them for some repairs once in while, and maybe you'll keep some employees around.

Other Employee Reviews for Mark of Excellence Pizza

1. "Delivery Driver"

Current Employee - Delievery Driver in Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - Delievery Driver in Kissimmee, FL

I have been working at Mark of Excellence Pizza part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was nice to be able to have a pay check and work also for tips. There were days where I made out nice. Also we did get discounts on food.

Cons

There were weeks at a time where we didn't see upper management . For the most part it seemed Management didn't care much for their employees.

"The way they do business is a lesson in how not to run a franchise."

Current Employee - Delivery Expert
    Current Employee - Delivery Expert

I have been working at Mark of Excellence Pizza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the few good things about Mark of Excellence pizza is some of your co-workers, since they suffer in misery right along side you the whole store develops a team attitude.

Cons

1. Nepotism
    2. Incompetence
    3. Cheap
    4. Ruthless
    5. Brown-nosing

Advice to Management

Fire everyone over a period of time and start rebuilding with leaders instead of managers. This isn't advice to MOE it's to Domino's Corporate.
    Hold the franchisee owners to higher standards.