Mark of Excellence Pizza - In the beginning it was an out of this world experience. But I became a General Manager I felt as I had no one to help. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mark of Excellence Pizza

"In the beginning it was an out of this world experience. But I became a General Manager I felt as I had no one to help."

Former Employee - General Manager in Bronx, NY
Former Employee - General Manager in Bronx, NY

I worked at Mark of Excellence Pizza full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Could be a pleasant experience most the time.

Cons

not enough time to get a real training.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your drowning managers. There are a lot of managers that could use extra help but are afraid to ask cause they may be look at it the wrong way. But i believe that if you had enough experience to get the promotion and then you feel you need help to continue that you be able to get the help you need in order to perform your job duties.

Other Employee Reviews for Mark of Excellence Pizza

1. "Fun part time job"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Franklin, IN
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Franklin, IN

I have been working at Mark of Excellence Pizza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, good source of extra income

Cons

down time is slow and boring

"Waste of the last 5 years of my life."

Current Employee - General Manager in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Mark of Excellence Pizza full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Definitely just in delivery. its a great supplemental job. make sure you stay on top of repairs or you're screwed out of a car.

Cons

Do not go into management in this company. they way this particular franchise works (this may the Domino's way, I'm not sure) is they butter you up into becoming a shift runner. You have the same responsibilities and accountability as a manager, but barely make 8.50 and hour. then you get moved up to Assistant. the max you can make there is 12 an hour, and that's roughly 5 years of of building up from 9 and hour. Right before you get a store, you are told you are awesome at your job and you will receive all the help you'll need. Then you get a store. A couple of months pass by and suddenly your not a bad ass anymore. nothing is ever good enough with this company. all you'll ever hear from upper management is "Make it happen". that's it. like you can magically fix everything in a heartbeat. you are on your own buddy. unless this is all you can get and have to support your family, which by the way you'll never see since the minimum hours are 50 hours a week, then take it. but don't expect to get breaks, don't expect help from them when your car breaks down, and don't expect anything but the constant fear that someone is going to rob you at gunpoint for the $20 in your pocket. there is way more wrong with this company, and it seems half of what these people do is illegal, but somehow it's legal.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect! Seriously. I've never seen a company so disinterested in keeping their employees happy. maybe comp them for some repairs once in while, and maybe you'll keep some employees around.