MarkWest Energy Partners - Health Benefits are the Only Benefit at MarkWest | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MarkWest Energy Partners

"Health Benefits are the Only Benefit at MarkWest"

Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

The benefits package was excellent and cost effective to the employee. The company is attentive to employee birthdays and giving at appropriate holidays. As a whole the people at the non-mgmt level are giving/caring individuals who support one another.

Cons

The environment is extremely dynamic requiring quite a bit of flexibility. When one is given direction (often without detail) the course frequently changes making it difficult for any capable person to keep up with what's going on. In my particular case I worked for a micro-manager who set me up for failure on many levels. He would give me an assignment and before I had the opportunity to do the work he would complete it for me.

Advice to Management

In general the company can be a great place to work. Only certain individuals need to address their managment style; giving direction with detail and then allowing the person a reasonable amount of time to complete their task. They need to realize that not all people can be as flexible without proper direction/guidence.

Other Employee Reviews for MarkWest Energy Partners

1. "Summer Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at MarkWest Energy Partners as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great work atmosphere with very welcoming and friendly employees. Anyone is willing to help out making it feel more intimate and a less intimidating environment to work in.

Cons

There are parts of the company culture and structure that have not adapted quickly to modern trends giving it a strong corporate feel

2. "Operated to meet designated goal"

I worked at MarkWest Energy Partners full-time

Pros

Stayed on track. Did not venture into areas outside their expertise. Very smart folks with excellent decision making skills.

Cons

Must belong to the circle.