Market Leader - Rudderless Long Term Plan and Inept Technology Leadership | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Market Leader

"Rudderless Long Term Plan and Inept Technology Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Market Leader full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture of people who care about the success of the company and doing the right thing for the customers.

Cons

Lacking long term executable company plan and top leaders in technical management were the most inept I had ever worked with. Luckily the technical staff were mostly able to cover up for him.

Advice to Management

Go a different direction with the top level technology leadership and if you cannot do that question, question and question again what you are being told. I hear that some changes are taking place I just wish it would have happened sooner as I still might be there if it had.

Other Employee Reviews for Market Leader

"Strong company that has weathered the good and bad real estate markets."

I have been working at Market Leader full-time

Pros

Great pay, benefits, environment, flexibility, teamwork, training, and location when moved to Bellevue

Cons

People are expected to have a great work ethic. If not, you won't like it.

"Not all that glitters is gold"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a certain level of camaraderie on the sales floor that can make working here okay and tolerable. The benefits are pretty good and the new move to Bellevue will give something for employees to look forward to.

Cons

I don't think that the recent Trulia acquisition has been that great for recent hires. ML took on their tiered territory sales approach which makes it very difficult or impossible for new hires to hit their target revenue. If you are into a consultative sale, regardless of what they tell you, this is a hard sale and you will likely just be frustrated. This is a real grind / turn and burn. If you're into self flagellation, this is your joint.

Advice to Management

Curb unrealistic expectations of sales for new hires. Give an attainable target that will give someone something to shoot for and realistically hit.