Market Leader - Opportunity to sell a great product. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Market Leader

"Opportunity to sell a great product."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart product. Amazing office. Awesome benefits.

Cons

Depending on what team you're on opportunities are more scarce. Inside sales and cold calling can be a rough gig when you're not selling.

Advice to Management

Have new Account Execs start selling with system only and then graduate to leads. Understanding the system from the inside out makes it much easier to sell the product the right way by having the client believe in the software and company.

Other Employee Reviews for Market Leader

"Lack of professionalism prevails. Market Leader is not a good company to work for."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun people, lack of professionalism has its benefits. They throw cash spiffs around like crazy. You can make a lot of money if you excel at a short sales cycle and pressuring people into buying things that they have a 1/10 chance of making money with.

Cons

There are quite a few cons from working at Market Leader.
    1.) Management is focused on top line revenue growth in the short term, at the expense of long term growth.
    2.) Training is weak and disjointed. Teams change frequently.
    3.) There is a boys club of guys that get better leads/promotions because they played basketball for the sales director when he coached "back in the day". But- if you DID play basketball for him, you might get a promotion to manager or team lead.
    4.) The product is not the best in the industry. Not even close. You will have cancellations, and you better get a referral before they figure out how ineffective the product is.

The old adage in sales is to make sure that you are giving your customer $1.10 in value for every dollar they are spending with you. At Market Leader we give about $0.60 for every dollar customers spend. Proceed with caution.

Advice to Management

Messaging to customers that they need a CRM to run their business is funny when you give your sales people a rebuilt version of a CRM from 1997.

"Serious Opportunities for Growth!"

Current Employee - Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our business is growing, our technology is improving, and the opportunities for growth and career advancement are excellent. In the year I've been with Market Leader, a full 30% of our existing workforce have been promoted either within their roles or advanced into new roles (including me!). I've never seen anything like it. Part of the reason for the opportunities is due to our business trajectory. The other part is our merger with Trulia. We now have the opportunity to make a greater impact as individuals, and as a team, working collaboratively with Trulia.

I work with smart people who care about the work and are respectful of others.

Market Leader takes very good care of us. We have lots of meaningful perks and the benefits are stellar (80% match on 401(k) + 100% employer-paid benefits for employees.) Our new office is gorgeous, too.

Cons

We recently moved to downtown Bellevue which is a farther commute for me personally. That said, everyone (who wants one) receives a free ORCA Card; so in the long run I'm saving by not driving.