MarketShare - Love this company! Visionary leadership and excellent perks! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MarketShare

"Love this company! Visionary leadership and excellent perks!"

Current Employee - Director of Product Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Director of Product Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MarketShare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MarketShare is a leader in Big Data Marketing Analytics and working here is definitely an opportunity to personally learn, grow, and help shape this booming market. The leadership is extremely approachable and all ideas are openly welcome. It feels like a small start-up even though there are almost 300 employees. People are always willing to help each other by giving guidance, answering questions, or making themselves available for a spontaneous game of ping pong or pool. The collaborative environment includes whiteboard walls, couches, and state-of-the-art video conferencing capabilities that link and unify all of the global offices. Employees are highly valued and the perks include everything from generous vacation and health benefits to free gym membership and external programs for discounts on general shopping, activities, and travel. I have worked at both large enterprise and small start-up companies and this is definitely one of my favorite places so far!

Cons

I can't think of any so far.

Other Employee Reviews for MarketShare

"Smart People and Great Ideas not translating"

Pros

I have been working at MarketShare full-time for more than a year

Pros – An industry leader using innovative methodology seeking to address a decades-old challenge.
    Super smart, supportive, and fun teammates to work with.
    Remnants of a "start-up" culture (free soda)
    Big clients

Cons

Cons – -Low morale and lack of recognition for work (no visibility into raises/bonuses. Churn among top level employees, which also reflects poorly the value of having equity.
    -Constant technical limitations on data and software (creates more manual labor)
    -Over-selling capabilities/services beyond what the technology and teams can manage. At the end of the day the client points of contact make it work and it requires continually work with the client. All the while management wants to sell, sell, sell without understanding that software and the human resources needed to make it work scale quite differently
    -Growth seems to be slowing (it may not be, but nobody tells you) and there appears to be more penny-pinching unless you're at the top. Shifting to focus on sales is a fine idea if you have the necessary resources to support the intended growth, which isn't the case.
    -Limited ways to grow personally/professionally (on-the-job training to do very specific tasks; little that is transferable). You need to have the skill sets coming in and not expect to pick any new skills in the process. More and more is entering a black box.
    -Seems to be a complete disconnect with senior management. Management says we're winning business like crazy, the tools will be game changers, and they're reorganizing the company to support our evolution. Down in the trenches, employees are working long hours after given more work for no reward, are crippled by the technology designed to change the game, and end up leaving the company with no new skills.

Advice to Management

Advice to Senior Management – Focus on some cross functional training.
    Increase transparency from the top (a reviewer saying 'we have only lost 1 client in 5 years' is a victim of some PR machine).

"Been there for close to 5 years and am as energized as the first day"

I have been working at MarketShare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Highly innovative work, transforming the industry by combining great math, top notch technology and deep expertise. Team members are super smart with very diverse backgrounds. With offices in various countries around the world and a wide variety of academic/work experiences, I learn new things from my team members every day. The company keeps on signing leading brands as customers and partners and is launching exciting new products. We also have a great track record of customer satisfaction and retention.

Cons

As a growth company, we struggle with "growing pains" that come with it. We continue to evolve the organization to better map to that growth path, and change talent with it - that can be stressful at times. As we launch new products we get new learnings, some of which come from learning from failures, which can be frustrating at times. As we add LOTS more new people some time it may feel like the early-on culture dilutes. All in all I think that these are logical challenges (and quite frankly, opportunities) at this stage and personally this is what makes it so exciting to be here.

Advice to Management

Continue to up the game in terms of leading our culture and innovation evolution.