MarketSource - Not what they tell you to expect | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

"Not what they tell you to expect"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at MarketSource part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employer discounts for phone carriers

Cons

You work alone
You have to assist Target guests
Has to do Target electronics team members jobs
No help from management
Not flexible with personal schedule

Advice to Management

Give the full description of job including the fact that you have to know all about Target.

Other Employee Reviews for MarketSource

1. "If you have nothing good to say about somebody, don't say anything."

Former Employee - Former Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at MarketSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

got some good work experience

Cons

there is no career growth

Advice to Management

management should try to get rid of favoritism

"What a joke"

Current Employee - Sales Manager (Wireless)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager (Wireless)

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing good to say about this company.

Cons

Have been with the target mobile program for a few years... RadioShack was bad enough... MarketSource managed to be even worse.

They have yet to get one of my paychecks correct. I've been shorted over 40 hours of pay across multiple paychecks.. An associate of mine who quit months ago is still owed money and their payroll dept can't figure it out. They ask us to sit around answering questions about our day and fill out a daily report... after we're off the clock... Illegal business practice right there. Can't ask employees to work once they're off the clock.

I haven't seen my district manager yet and my DM rarely answers phone calls.

There seems to be little to no oversight from the company and they don't seem to care about any of us, much less any of our problems.

The commission structure is a terrible joke unless you're in one of a handful of super high volume stores. In an Average store if you're part time expect to never make commission. The bonus structure is laughable at best. They expect a 150% attach ate for accessories... Yet target barely sells any accessories for any of the phones except for iPhones. So assuming your team even hit that level of attachment... You also need to be above targets baseline goal for accessories... And based on how high you are over... You get a percentage of the difference... My store last month hit over 10% of the baseline goal. But my low volume store means had my attachment rate been there... They would have only paid me a lousy $36 dollars in bonus. What a joke.

The benefits are terrible... For full health and dental they want over 300 a month for just medical and denal and vision. If you have kids... Get ready to spend 500-800 depending on the level of coverage you want.

The give no access to the tools we need to effectively do our jobs, people come in and ask questions about their existing plans.... Can't even effectively tell them how much it would cost to add a line on or change a feature. Everything has to be accomplished by calling the help desk... Get ready to have a pissed off customer as you spend 30+ minutes on the phone waiting for a rep.

The list of bad goes on and on. Do yourself a favor and find employment elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Fire all the radioshack execs you brought on board. They failed miserably and it's why the contract with target wasn't successfully renegotiated. They're the reason we lost 70% of our associates within 2 months starting April of 2012. Their terrible business decisions are crippling.

And in general commit to the business and to the staff. Listen. Make changes based on what your employees are telling you.