MarketSource - Education in networking, and a over all wonderful experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

"Education in networking, and a over all wonderful experience"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager
Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tools and constant support to make yourself successful. A network of knowledge at your fingertips daily. If you have a strong personality and the ability to build to drive results, You will go far with MarketSource.

Cons

During my time with MarketSource, I had little to no poor experience's. They are a growing company that is always landing new accounts and looking for driven well rounded individuals to drive results for their clients. A fantastic place for anyone looking to further their career.

Advice to Management

I know that some positions have to be filled quickly. Take more time Area Management to Program leads. I was extremely impressed with some, Others were almost laughable. What does impress me is the drive from upper management to see their programs grow and develop the right way. And that means developing and taking care of the people.

Other Employee Reviews for MarketSource

1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at MarketSource full-time

Pros

great pay, great train program. flexible schedules.

Cons

no room for advancement, upper manager kinda under minds everyone. sometimes they make you feel like your just a number.

2. "The only constant was me"

Former Employee - Field Retail Representative
    Former Employee - Field Retail Representative

I worked at MarketSource part-time

Pros

Insider access to cool gadgets and electronics. Hands on experience with demo products. Relaxed, work at your own pace atmosphere. Travel to new places. Build your network of contacts amongst various stores.

Cons

No interaction with coworkers. Work schedule fluctuates too much, no stability largely due in part to the nature of retail sales. Too many things changing too often. Reimbursement was not processed separately from regular pay therefore it was taxed; never got reimbursed dollar for dollar for work related expenses. Requiring use of smartphone to clock in/out of store visits but not having any cellular allowance. Use of personal phone for conference calls yet not having cellular allowance. Travel time is "included" in pay rate. The time it takes you to submit reports is included in your pay rate. No gas reimbursement for assignments within 30 miles of home zip-code...radius might be bigger now. Constant expectation of completing assignments though they are out of your territory. Complete lack of any work during some periods...only to have multiple new assignments pop up overnight.

Advice to Management

Reward employee loyalty with chances of career advancement, or at least with chances of a pay increase. Increase awareness of Marketsource internally; some programs have no idea the other program is a Marketsource program; it's a shame that fellow Marketsource employees think of each other as just another rep rather than a fellow Marketsource employee.