MarketSource - Former Account Sales Rep and District Trainer | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

"Former Account Sales Rep and District Trainer"

Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Newport News, VA
Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Newport News, VA

I worked at MarketSource part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay for a part time position. Great product training. I had two of the best District Managers at that time. I'd go back if the opportunity presented itself.

Cons

little to no opportunity to expand hours outside of the weekend assignments. No opportunity to prove my abilities for promotion.

Advice to Management

Utilize your stronger employees to develop leadership opportunities. I saw many good ASR's leave because there were no opportunities to work beyond the permanent part time positions.

Other Employee Reviews for MarketSource

1. "Education in networking, and a over all wonderful experience"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tools and constant support to make yourself successful. A network of knowledge at your fingertips daily. If you have a strong personality and the ability to build to drive results, You will go far with MarketSource.

Cons

During my time with MarketSource, I had little to no poor experience's. They are a growing company that is always landing new accounts and looking for driven well rounded individuals to drive results for their clients. A fantastic place for anyone looking to further their career.

Advice to Management

I know that some positions have to be filled quickly. Take more time Area Management to Program leads. I was extremely impressed with some, Others were almost laughable. What does impress me is the drive from upper management to see their programs grow and develop the right way. And that means developing and taking care of the people.

2. "It's an OK job"

Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at MarketSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work for an outsource company is the ability to gain experience in several different industries. I think that you develop a lot of skills and gain knowledge that can help you in many different areas. That's not specific to just MarketSource, but it is one of the reasons why I joined on to the company. Specific to MarketSource, I can say that I know many people who have moved up and many who haven't. The ones who have moved up, have been with the company for years and the ones who haven't have only worked for them for less than a year and a half. It's a job. Most of the opportunities at MarketSource are great if you are just looking for a job. It's not always going to be a career move.

Cons

Though there are growth opportunities, the likeliness that you will grow within the program that you started in is highly unlikely. This is a con for most outsource companies. You jump from program to program as you move up the ladder. But one of the things that I was most concerned about was how they decided that someone qualified to lead a program. My direct management was fantastic, but above them, I don't know what was going on. There were some bad decisions being made and it seemed like we were the ones that paid for those decisions in the end.

Advice to Management

Qualify senior management. Listen to the feedback from the field. And make sure that client relationships are steady enough to continue a program.