MarketSource - Former Account Sales Rep and District Trainer | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

"Former Account Sales Rep and District Trainer"

Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Newport News, VA
Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Newport News, VA

I worked at MarketSource part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay for a part time position. Great product training. I had two of the best District Managers at that time. I'd go back if the opportunity presented itself.

Cons

little to no opportunity to expand hours outside of the weekend assignments. No opportunity to prove my abilities for promotion.

Advice to Management

Utilize your stronger employees to develop leadership opportunities. I saw many good ASR's leave because there were no opportunities to work beyond the permanent part time positions.

Other Employee Reviews for MarketSource

1. "It's an OK job"

Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at MarketSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work for an outsource company is the ability to gain experience in several different industries. I think that you develop a lot of skills and gain knowledge that can help you in many different areas. That's not specific to just MarketSource, but it is one of the reasons why I joined on to the company. Specific to MarketSource, I can say that I know many people who have moved up and many who haven't. The ones who have moved up, have been with the company for years and the ones who haven't have only worked for them for less than a year and a half. It's a job. Most of the opportunities at MarketSource are great if you are just looking for a job. It's not always going to be a career move.

Cons

Though there are growth opportunities, the likeliness that you will grow within the program that you started in is highly unlikely. This is a con for most outsource companies. You jump from program to program as you move up the ladder. But one of the things that I was most concerned about was how they decided that someone qualified to lead a program. My direct management was fantastic, but above them, I don't know what was going on. There were some bad decisions being made and it seemed like we were the ones that paid for those decisions in the end.

Advice to Management

Qualify senior management. Listen to the feedback from the field. And make sure that client relationships are steady enough to continue a program.

2. "Potential but no follow through"

Former Employee - Target Mobile Kiosk Manager in Wesley Chapel, NC
    Former Employee - Target Mobile Kiosk Manager in Wesley Chapel, NC

I worked at MarketSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customers were great and my commission was always really good.

Cons

No communication with the companies they work with. I worked with the target mobile kiosk for over 2 years, half with radioshack, half with marketsource. Though they said that we were supposed to be supported by target, target never knew what was going on. Then when you needed marketsource to talk to the target about tasks there was never anyone to contact.

The other thing was that I never had any opportunity to take vaction or even get my two days off a week without straight leaving the kiosk closed because there was never any effort made to find coverage for the stores until Target got mad.

Advice to Management

Hire some more people and put your floaters on salary so that someone would actually want to work as one. I wouldn't want a job where I was on call and wasn't getting paid when I wasn't needed. Also, if you are going to only give associates 18 hours a week whats the point? You can't hire students because you can't work around their schedules and anyone else willing to take it has a second job that they need you to work around. If you are going to give us set schedules, then you are better off just closing the D tier kiosks 2 days a week than trying to find someone who is willing to treat an 18 hour a week job like a full time commitment.

Also, for the retail employees the benefits packages were ridiculous. Unless you lived with your parents there was no way you could afford the health care and pay bills.