MarketSource - Need to get it together | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

"Need to get it together"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Burlington, NC
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Burlington, NC

I worked at MarketSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No boss breathing down neck, pay was okay if commission tier was made, great job for single person- not for a parent though.

Cons

No formal training, no way to track commission to know if amount paid is right or wrong, hard to get time off

Other Employee Reviews for MarketSource

1. "Former Account Sales Rep and District Trainer"

Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Newport News, VA

I worked at MarketSource part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay for a part time position. Great product training. I had two of the best District Managers at that time. I'd go back if the opportunity presented itself.

Cons

little to no opportunity to expand hours outside of the weekend assignments. No opportunity to prove my abilities for promotion.

Advice to Management

Utilize your stronger employees to develop leadership opportunities. I saw many good ASR's leave because there were no opportunities to work beyond the permanent part time positions.

2. "It's an OK job"

Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at MarketSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work for an outsource company is the ability to gain experience in several different industries. I think that you develop a lot of skills and gain knowledge that can help you in many different areas. That's not specific to just MarketSource, but it is one of the reasons why I joined on to the company. Specific to MarketSource, I can say that I know many people who have moved up and many who haven't. The ones who have moved up, have been with the company for years and the ones who haven't have only worked for them for less than a year and a half. It's a job. Most of the opportunities at MarketSource are great if you are just looking for a job. It's not always going to be a career move.

Cons

Though there are growth opportunities, the likeliness that you will grow within the program that you started in is highly unlikely. This is a con for most outsource companies. You jump from program to program as you move up the ladder. But one of the things that I was most concerned about was how they decided that someone qualified to lead a program. My direct management was fantastic, but above them, I don't know what was going on. There were some bad decisions being made and it seemed like we were the ones that paid for those decisions in the end.

Advice to Management

Qualify senior management. Listen to the feedback from the field. And make sure that client relationships are steady enough to continue a program.