MarketSource - Be okay with dropping everything at a moments notice--T-Mobile Program | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

"Be okay with dropping everything at a moments notice--T-Mobile Program"

Former Employee - National Retail Sales Representative in Boston, MA
Former Employee - National Retail Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at MarketSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Some of the most fantastic bosses I've ever had the chance of working with
-Loved being able to not be tied to a desk, drove around from store to store selling and training
-Bosses didn't breath down your neck or micromanage you; you had your excel spreadsheet and knew what your quotas were, you could either hit them, or you couldn't
-paid mileage
-as long as your stores were visited and your sales were good, you could "basically" take off whenever you wanted

Cons

-$15/hr to basically be an Area sales manager AND trainer is incredibly low, almost insulting
-You needed to be able to drop the pitch they were telling you to push at a moments notice and push something else entirely
-though your mileage was paid, it had incredibly strict rules like "only paid if first/last store is 30+ miles away, then every mile in between stores"
-mileage was also well below national average (they'd tell you that you could file it on your taxes, but when they don't understand is you can only claim it for taxes if it'll beat your standard deduction--most people's mileage area wouldn't do that)
-the commission structure was constantly changing for bonuses (eventually I just threw my hands up in the air and decided not to worry about it because I'd never understand it)

Advice to Management

Stay consistent with your employees. Having them push something one day only to have them push the complete opposite the next day made them look like liars and idiots. Credibility is big with a vendor position, and some of the things we were asked to do constantly challenged our vendor relationships.

Other Employee Reviews for MarketSource

1. "Good Company"

Former Employee - T-mobile Event Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - T-mobile Event Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MarketSource part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Made my own schedule, paid fairly well with hourly+commission, worked independently without supervision, and met a lot of great people.

Cons

Programs change too often. High turnover with managers. Commission structures kept getting cut.

"The worst job I've ever had."

Former Employee - Target Mobile Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Target Mobile Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at MarketSource part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros when working for Target Mobile, Marketsource.

Cons

Pretty much everything.

This is the most mis-managed company I have ever seen. Pay is terrible, schedules are terrible, and management is worse.

-Career Opportunities - there are none.

-Compensation - Reps start at 8.25 and go up $0.25 every 6-12 months.

-Work/Life Balance - None. Target Mobile reps are expected to show up whenever called in to do so. When holidays kick in, hours are extended without notice, and you are expected to work them regardless of your personal life. There is no work/life balance with target mobile.

-Culture and Values - there are none. Its all about sales. If you sell phones, you are deemed 'effective'. If you don't sell phones, for whatever reason, you are deemed 'ineffective' and fired.

-Other Complaints - there is always a shortage of team members. So current employees are forced to work more hours. Scheduling is terrible, so you can't go to school (college) and work for target mobile because of scheduling conflicts. (they dont work with you) Time off is non-existent. Most requests are denied, all the time, due to shortage of team members. Communication from management is very unclear, comes at random times, through texts, emails and phone calls at all hours of the day, even on your days off. Average time that team members last, is about 2 months. Most quit because they get tired of it all. Its a terrible job.

My advice... do not work for Target Mobile. Its a waste of time and you'll regret it afterwards.

Advice to Management

Act like a real company, create structure that is visible to all, actually care about your team members and stop firing everyone