MarketSource - Be okay with dropping everything at a moments notice--T-Mobile Program | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

"Be okay with dropping everything at a moments notice--T-Mobile Program"

Former Employee - National Retail Sales Representative in Boston, MA
Former Employee - National Retail Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at MarketSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Some of the most fantastic bosses I've ever had the chance of working with
-Loved being able to not be tied to a desk, drove around from store to store selling and training
-Bosses didn't breath down your neck or micromanage you; you had your excel spreadsheet and knew what your quotas were, you could either hit them, or you couldn't
-paid mileage
-as long as your stores were visited and your sales were good, you could "basically" take off whenever you wanted

Cons

-$15/hr to basically be an Area sales manager AND trainer is incredibly low, almost insulting
-You needed to be able to drop the pitch they were telling you to push at a moments notice and push something else entirely
-though your mileage was paid, it had incredibly strict rules like "only paid if first/last store is 30+ miles away, then every mile in between stores"
-mileage was also well below national average (they'd tell you that you could file it on your taxes, but when they don't understand is you can only claim it for taxes if it'll beat your standard deduction--most people's mileage area wouldn't do that)
-the commission structure was constantly changing for bonuses (eventually I just threw my hands up in the air and decided not to worry about it because I'd never understand it)

Advice to Management

Stay consistent with your employees. Having them push something one day only to have them push the complete opposite the next day made them look like liars and idiots. Credibility is big with a vendor position, and some of the things we were asked to do constantly challenged our vendor relationships.

Other Employee Reviews for MarketSource

1. "hp rep"

Pros

flexible, easy, decent pay for high school

Cons

horrible management, alot of driving, no training

2. "Good Company"

Former Employee - T-mobile Event Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - T-mobile Event Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MarketSource part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Made my own schedule, paid fairly well with hourly+commission, worked independently without supervision, and met a lot of great people.

Cons

Programs change too often. High turnover with managers. Commission structures kept getting cut.