MarketSource - Great entry-level sales position | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

"Great entry-level sales position"

Current Employee - Area Sales Representative in Saint Paul, MN
Current Employee - Area Sales Representative in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at MarketSource part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy not being supervised while I work, giving a level of natural flare. With MarketSource it is flexible, consistent training, relationship and team building.

Cons

No promotion room from within or outside, once your'e in a position you have very little room to move up at anytime. Work based on how many customers are available in store, otherwise you will be training store staff for 4-5 hours.

Other Employee Reviews for MarketSource

1. "Fired after having a chronic medical problem develop"

Former Employee - Wireless Team Leader in Hickory, NC
    Former Employee - Wireless Team Leader in Hickory, NC

I worked at MarketSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Target is awesome. The TMS there know their stuff and know what they are doing.
    Decent possibility of commission based on location
    Limited Supervision

Cons

hmmmmm where to start....
    constant micro-management of the WTLs such as myself by upper management.
    benefits are ridiculous to acquire.
    company values speak to one thing yet the opposite of those values is the norm
    DMs are for the most part more focused on their own paycheck and getting their End of Year bonuses than they are helping to develop their people.
    Very uncompetitive pay. WTL is a management position only making 10 an hour with no raises when Target TLs make 12 starting with the potential to hit 15-16 after a year or so
    ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE HOURS!!!!!!

I had been with the company right at a year and had saved my target mobile kiosk from the wreck that the previous manager left it and was terminated today after having called out sick twice last week and having a doctors note. my DM cited previous absences as well however my only absences from the company were all documented as medical absences for a chronic throat infection that has left me unable to talk some days which precludes one from performing a retail job.

Advice to Management

Listen to the guys that you put on the front lines. when we bring issues to your attention that are glaring and preventing us from completing our work maybe you should pay attention to them instead of ignoring us

my personal experience was wonderful until after christmas of 2013. when you guys became so focused on driving sales instead of taking care of your people.

2. "Does NOT care about lower employees"

Former Employee - Target Mobile Sales Representative in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Target Mobile Sales Representative in Loveland, CO

I worked at MarketSource part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

get to meet electronics people who are the only nice ones
    nothing else is really any good

Cons

fake attitudes in district and upper management
    no flexibility
    management doesn't care if you're sick
    management does not care if you're 1st place for months in a row if you start losing sales they will show their true side
    don't pay you as much as other employees
    their culture is to let one another know when you do good or bad, no matter what rank that person is. but this is not true, they don't care

Advice to Management

try to hire some more heartfelt employees, especially for the district manager position. learn to offer more flexible schedule for part time workers.