MarketSource - Warning this job is not for everyone | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

"Warning this job is not for everyone"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cherry Hill, NJ
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at MarketSource part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid every week so it's good for college kids, not for anyone looking to make real money. There's no boss breathing down your neck and you get to learn from different phone carriers. You can also adjust your schedule as long as the time falls in the same time frame.

Cons

You have to work with some ignorant, stupid, and sometimes lazy walmart employees who are in their own world. You sometimes have to drive far with no renebursment. And if you need any help from the support team forget it. If you have a slow day and the store employees don't work with you, you will lose a lot of sales.

Advice to Management

Teach your sales associates better and cut out the support team. They have no idea what's going on.

Other Employee Reviews for MarketSource

1. "Good place to get sales experience"

Current Employee - Account Sales Representative in York, PA
    Current Employee - Account Sales Representative in York, PA

I have been working at MarketSource part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, building relationships, Training, Drive time over 30 miles, Paid Call reports, and don't have someone breathing down your neck.

Cons

Pointless Saturday Morning Conference Call, sometimes have to work 1 or 2 hour shifts mid week. No commission.

Advice to Management

Eliminate IAC Trainings. They are a waste of time and money. Offer Commission.

2. "Really need to train their managers to be more professional. Other than that, it's nice getting paid every week.."

Pros

Getting paid every week, being able to take your breaks when you feel like it, and the commission was okay.

Cons

Very unprofessional dm, she would discuss her concerns and all of my mistakes in front of all employees and customers. She would act as if she was speaking to an audience instead on being private and having a 1:1 conversation with me. Every time she would come in, she would never congratulate us on what we were doing right, instead she would stay on us about what we could do better. She only came up once a month.
    Not being able to lead when situations came up. I would have a sick child I would need to get from daycare, and being that I only had one other Co worker (my store manager) whom didn't want to ever help me when important things would come up, I would get left with no help and having to close the store.