MarketStar - Good positions but No growth opportunity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MarketStar

"Good positions but No growth opportunity"

I have been working at MarketStar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great upper management establish a culture of accountability, client engagement and a lot of fun for those who work in the Utah HQ locations.

Cons

Unless you're willing to wait 10 years or brown nose with both management and client there is no room for growth. almost 2 years of promises from management based on my performance yet all of it is empty promises.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee development and your internal ranks will prosper even more than they do.

Other Employee Reviews for MarketStar

"Product Specialist: Not the job it used to be."

Current Employee - Product Specialist
    Current Employee - Product Specialist

I have been working at MarketStar full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work with an awesome team of hard-working, passionate individuals who adapt well to change and know the product.

Marketstar has fantastic benefits, perks for employees like cell phone bill reimbusement, mileage reimbursment, health and surveys employees.

Reps are treated like kings and queens at all team gatherings.

Reps get to try new tech before released to the consumer market.

Regional team managers have gone to bat for reps and care for the team members.

Cons

Disclaimer: Most of these cons may come from client more than they come from Marketstar.

Fear tactics are often used.

Stress levels are HIGH among most team members as reps/managers/trainers are often being tested, surveyed and on call 24/7.

Lack of respect for team individuals.

Work/Life balance is non-existent. I left my old job and took a pay cut to spend more time with family and now I can't.

Pay is below average on what other reps in our industry make for less work.

Clients requests are often unrealistic and they often take advantage of reps passion for the jobs.

Advice to Management

The "training site" is a waste of time and money all-around. A stronger device advocate program would be more effective, listen to your reps.

Quantity is not equal to quality. Many stores would benefit better from formal trainings, demo days and for the PS to attend carrier kick offs to network instead of visiting the same stores repetitively.

Store visit quota should be lowered to 25 since PS no longer get credit for admin work, conference calls, and webinars and are required to be in stores longer.

Instead of putting many reps in one city, spread them out to cover cities that never see a rep from our team. Also, having a different rep each week significantly confuses carrier employees.

Reps deserve significant pay raises. No question.

Don't be afraid to stand up for your team to the client. If the company continues to lose team members, than it will be even less obtainable to meet goals for the client.

"BOO"

Current Employee - Verizon Fios Representative in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Verizon Fios Representative in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at MarketStar full-time

Pros

Great People, great training, gave me a hotel for training, flexible hours

Cons

Was working full time, was not receiving full time benefits, paid time off, etc

Advice to Management

when you have an employee working full time, give them full time benefits and maybe they will stay with the company.