Marketo - A special place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Marketo

"A special place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

I love the vision. I love the execution of all the different teams. It's cool to work on something that changes the lives of it's customers and businesses so dramatically. Inspired on a daily basis. Plus, there is nothing more encouraging (for me) than working at a place that is so clearly growing and succeeding.

Cons

It's not for everyone. B or C players often don't make it. You must be able to manage your flow or you will get overextended.

Advice to Management

Put the logo on the building. Spend more time doing cross-functional communication. As the company grows so quickly, the org chart decisions will be a big issue.

Other Employee Reviews for Marketo

1. "Marketo is a high output and incredible growth environment filled with smart, energetic and fun colleagues."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

I get to work with clients who love our products and services. Marketo's growth potential is phenomenal and makes it exciting to come into work.

My colleagues also seem to do a great job with work/life balance.

Cons

Benefit package does not seem to be aligned with the rest of the market.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a great job communicating the company vision and making us feel that we are a part of something big.

"Run, fast, in the opposite direction. If you are competent, any place is better."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Convient location on the peninsula. Some of the 'boots' on the ground are very talented. Nice niche in a small market.

Cons

Unprofessional. That is the primary word to describe the majority (though not all) of the senior and upper management. This place is run by moods swings and prima donnas. A lot of attitude and very little real planning. The 'boots' are over worked, under paid, and under valued. There is more scrambling than planning. Immaturity and favoritism run amok.

Advice to Management

Get a grip. You are small fish in a big pond.