Marketo - Great Experience | Glassdoor

"Great Experience"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in San Mateo, CA
Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Marketo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Super supportive team and mentors enabled me to work to the best of my ability. Furthermore, interns felt like they were part of the team.

Cons

There really were not that many cons. Perhaps one small suggestion would be to implement a larger intern program.

Other Employee Reviews for Marketo

"Good but not great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Marketo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn, never a dull moment in this fast paced environment, work with smart and motivated people, very ambitious company creating a new software category, decent salaries, company makes an effort to improve benefits and supports volunteering and charity donations

Cons

Lot's of pressure for immediate performance, not a lot of longer term thinking or scaling, politics between managers can get in the way of results, stressful and loud office environment, average facilities, not a strong company culture, engineering does not get much attention or visibility

Advice to Management

Invest more in engineering and product, recognize achievement at all levels by promoting from within more than just hiring externally, realize that the tactics which made the company successful from early years to IPO may not work to grow a public company at a rate that will satisfy wall street

2. "Great Company, Great Product, Great Team and most importantly Great People!"

Current Employee - One of the Customer Facing Teams in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - One of the Customer Facing Teams in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Marketo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the best company I have ever worked for and I am proud to be working with a lot of super dedicated, hardworking and intelligent people. Not only that, I think they are really good people too outside of work.

Please bear in mind that I am only making this review for my team and a few other teams that I interact with on a daily basis.

There is no ego that I am aware of. This is not to say people don't have opinions which can be mistakenly taken as ego. I think the reason is that our CEO is a very humble guy and he probably only hires people who are similar. He is not like that pompous Marc Benioff going around telling people how awesome he is. He wears a Stanford T-shirt and jeans to work.

I believe this company has a long way to go and many more good things to come!

Cons

This is not really a con but if you can't work long hours, this is not the place for you! You need to think long term that your dedication is worth it in the long run.

Also, although I think the product is great, I wouldn't call it super easy to use (personal opinion). Marketers in most cases are not very technical. If someone else comes up with something easier to use even if it is not as powerful, then it might be a problem.

Advice to Management

Nothing really. Maybe if you stay past 7 pm for work only, you can get your dinner reimbursed up to say $15 or something. I understand that this is not Google, LinkedIn or Facebook but that would be nice. If it doesn't happen, no worries!