Marketsmith - Prepare to be Challenged, and Rewarded | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "Each employee is intelligent and it is refreshing to be surrounded by smart people each day" (in 3 reviews)

• "I still learn something new every day" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Requests to upper management and HR often go unheard which leads to a high rate of employee turnover" (in 3 reviews)

• "Find more young, hungry, smart and qualified people who want to make a difference faster" (in 2 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Prepare to be Challenged, and Rewarded"

Current Employee - EVP in Cedar Knolls, NJ
Current Employee - EVP in Cedar Knolls, NJ

I have been working at Marketsmith full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good, smart people that challenge one another to be better versions of themselves. An intense intellectual curiosity permeates the company that sparks inspiring, sometimes challenging questions and invigorating debate. A great mix of large national and regional clients as well as smaller ones offers wonderful opprtunity for exciting work and personal growth. The technology that is created here is nothing short of breathtaking. The company is dedicated to its clients and their outcomes, and is just as dedicated to its employees their personal outcomes. It's a place where people have one another's back--not stab one another in the back. It's not for everyone, and that's what makes it so refreshing and rewarding. CEO demands a lot from her people, but also gives a lot back, cares, and is utterly transparent (in the good way).

Cons

The location is lovely, but a little sleepy.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Great place to work"

Current Intern - Marketing Associate in Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Current Intern - Marketing Associate in Cedar Knolls, NJ

I have been working at Marketsmith as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Being a Summer Intern at Marketsmith was great. This was my first experience interning in the professional world and my experience was great. All of the employees are super friendly and are willing to help you with whatever you are working on. They are not afraid to include you in any and all projects that they have. Overall my experience at Marketsmith has been great thus far.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Marketsmith.

Marketsmith Response

Jul 23, 2018 – Employee Action Committee President

We are glad you enjoyed your internship at Marketsmith! We look to keep our interns busy and well informed for their next career step.

"It’s not a job - it’s a home."

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Cedar Knolls, NJ

I have been working at Marketsmith full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People-first mentality: hire the right people, treat them well, give them resources & tools to be successful. Be open and listen to your employees - that’s what they do and it shows.

Everyone has a voice, whether you’re fresh out of school and it’s your first job, or you’ve been there since the beginning.

Interesting & exciting client mix; the work is fun.

Creative department is extremely talented and works so well with the accounts team. It shows in the work.

My personal favorite is that if you need a break from your desk, you can take your laptop and work from the comfy couches, or the picnic tables outside, or the tables in the back with the windows wide open. Nobody has you under your thumb, and you’re free to get into your own groove - as long as you’re working hard, meeting deadlines, and doing your job, they want you to be able to do that in an environment that is pleasant.

I can guarantee my worst day will be better than my best day at my previous company.

Cons

Agency life isn’t for those who don’t want to work hard (and play hard!). Yes, there will be late nights. If you just want a “job” this isn’t the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in smart, interesting, talented new hires.

Marketsmith Response

Jul 23, 2018 – Employee Action Committee President

Satisfying and growing our clients business, combining work-life balance along with global citizenship efforts is what we strive for at Marketsmith!

Discover more reviews about Marketsmith.