Marquette General Hospital - A great place to work for those who value the mission and work well as a team member. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Marquette General Hospital

"A great place to work for those who value the mission and work well as a team member."

Pros

Unique opportunity to positively impact future healthcare by participating in the education of young physicians.
Small organization.

Cons

No windows. :-(
Small organization.

Advice to Management

Stay in touch with the worker bees, and continue to keep thier contributions in mind when accolades, especially within the larger affiliates, are mentioned.

Other Employee Reviews for Marquette General Hospital

1. "Not as great as you would think for a Regional Medical Center"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

-best variety of units
    -well-respected hospital in community
    -benefitted positions at 24 hrs/wk or more

Cons

-8 hour shifts
    -poor shift differentials
    -low pay scale
    -no pay increases for experience
    -poor training into staff nurse positions

Advice to Management

-orientation to units need a better approach with less variety of preceptors
    -withholding new positions based upon too much overtime on the unit makes no sense

"Changes after DLP Purchase"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Negaunee, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Negaunee, MI

I worked at Marquette General Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In an area with few job opportunities (good paying ones, at least), I was very thankful to be employed there, and to be offered benefits and salary that were not really offered elsewhere locally.

Cons

I lost my position at MGH after the DLP purchase. I understand that the main business goal now is to make a profit, and that means running a very lean, efficient organization. However, I know wonderful, knowledgeable, hard-working people who lost their jobs because it was cheaper to replace them with new people at a smaller salary. It seems that DLP didn't care about the experience and other intangibles that left with those people. They just don't seem to understand our small town and our people.

Advice to Management

I wish DLP would have a little looser grip on their vision for MGH to fit into THEIR business model and realize that we already have special, unique, wonderful things and people that were happening here that should not be removed so quickly.