Marquette General Hospital - One of the best places to work . . . but only because there aren't other places to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Marquette General Hospital

"One of the best places to work . . . but only because there aren't other places to work"

Current Employee - OR Support Tech in Marquette, MI
Current Employee - OR Support Tech in Marquette, MI

Pros

Insurance, even though the cost has risen a lot over the last few years, is very good and I am appreciative of it.

Working with good people makes coming to work fun.

Lots of discounts at local merchants for MGH employees!

Cons

After eleven years, I make about $3.50 more per hour than when I started. Minimum wage has risen about $2.00 per hour in that time, so it's effectively $1.50 more. Add in the higher insurance rates, and my take home pay is about the same it was when I started in relation to minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Re: senior management: Hard to say, I've hardly spoken to any of them. :)

Re: lower management: Much of the time they are too busy as they have less managers doing more work.

Other Employee Reviews for Marquette General Hospital

1. "Big surgery in a small town."

Current Employee - Senior Surgical Technologist in Marquette, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Surgical Technologist in Marquette, MI

Pros

Marquette General has allowed me to scrub a variety of cases in a variety of specialties ranging from general to neuro and cardiovascular surgeries. I like that I am able to participate in these larger cases while living in a smaller community, close to my family.

Cons

Like many businesses in this economic crisis, MGH is constantly restructuring. This is very frustrating because my immediate managers are always at meetings and are usually not available to deal with what is going on in the department.

Advice to Management

I realize that this restructuring needs to be done, but don't forget about our patients.

2. "upper management, you want us to do how much for how little?"

Current Employee - Nurse in Marquette, MI
    Current Employee - Nurse in Marquette, MI

Pros

co workers, your peers the paitients are very greatful

Cons

the upper management is not understanding in the way of needing more nurses and more employees to do a satisfactory job, employees are expected to do more ,and more with out the pay compensation

Advice to Management

listen to your employees