Marriner Marketing Communications - Decent, but could be better | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Marriner Marketing Communications

"Decent, but could be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Pros

Fun atmosphere (most of the time), decent opportunity to further your skills, usually allowed to complete a project without being micro-managed

Cons

Location is only good if you live in Columbia because nearby roads are overcrowded. The company is somewhat stuck in their old ways, there's minimal or no opportunity for advancement (depending on your position), pay is somewhat low, and raises and promotions are usually meaningless-you will have a new title but do the same job (or more) for only an extra $2000/yr.

Advice to Management

Instead of hassling employees if they are 15-20 mins late once in a while because of traffic, focus more on the quality of their work. Providing more competitive salaries will greatly reduce turnover and you will spend less on hiring/training new employees

Marriner Marketing Communications Response

Jan 20, 2015 – Controller

Thank you for your post regarding Marriner. In 2013 we moved our offices to a more convenient location in Columbia, right off of I-95. Along with the location change we added more collaborative... More

Other Employee Reviews for Marriner Marketing Communications

1. "Exciting times ahead for the company"

Current Employee - PHP Web Developer in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - PHP Web Developer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Marriner Marketing Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Marriner Marketing is an awesome place to work. The conducive, friendly and energetic environment makes it a breeze everyday to effectively execute your tasks working on exciting projects for the country's top brands.

The work processes are constantly improved on, and this is a very good sign that the company is moving in the right direction.

The work/life balance is awesome because the company really understands that you have a life.

Overall, it's great to be part of this team.

Cons

Sometimes it can be very quiet. I personally do not mind the still but maybe playing motivational tunes at times will get people pumped.

Advice to Management

Investing more in training materials, events, programs would really help all round. Also, we could learn one or two skills from the other departments that could come in handy.

"Marriner Goes Above & Beyond"

Current Employee - Digital Production Designer in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Digital Production Designer in Columbia, MD

Pros

I have and will continue to recommend Marriner to anyone searching for employment!

I found myself in the market for a career change while I was 7 months pregnant. I had been on several interviews and was beginning to get a bit discouraged, not too many places are interested in hiring someone who will very shortly be on maternity leave. I was connected with Marriner through a staffing agency and after a phone interview and a day of meeting new faces in the office, I was in!

The fact that they extended an offer to me while I was pregnant really showed me their commitment to employees and their families. After two months of maternity leave, I came back to Marriner. Surrounded by supportive coworkers, some of which were new mothers as well, everyone made my transition back completely painless.

The work at Marriner is chock-full of great, big-name clients. Being so green in the industry, I was a bit nervous to touch projects that had such wide reach. My direct manager as well as the rest of the Marriner team were nothing but encouraging and patient as I navigated through new projects, clients, and skills.

A short three months after I returned to Marriner full-time, I slipped in my naturally graceful way and shattered my kneecap. From the second I fell until now (as I'm sitting here working from home), everyone has been over-the-moon helpful and supportive. Not only have I been able to work from home due to my lack of mobility, but Marriner also loaned me a workstation to make my 'home office' more suitable.

I am eager to get back in the office and can honestly say that I miss seeing my coworkers each day! I very much think that's hard to beat.

Cons

I think the only con that I can offer about Marriner stems from the way that I work specifically. I have trouble preventing pressure from turning into stress - and when there is a lot of pressure to turn around a bunch of projects at the same time, in a very short period of time, I tend to allow that to affect my emotions. Turning 'work' off at the end of the day has been a lesson that I had to learn, and am happier now that I have!

Advice to Management

Marriner has been nothing but good to me, thank you! Keep up the great work.

Marriner Marketing Communications Response

Apr 20, 2017 – Controller

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such kind words. We value work/life balance, and understand that sometimes circumstances arise that tip the scales on one side or the other. I am just... More