Marriott International - Educational but quite demanding. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott International

"Educational but quite demanding."

Former Employee - Housekeeping Manager in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Housekeeping Manager in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

They have a great benefit plan and a large focus on associate satisfaction. A lot of employees recognition programs as well.

Cons

They should direct some of their associate focus to Management recognition as well. Required extensive overtime without compensation for salaried employees.

Advice to Management

They have very good core values for employee retention. Sometimes they lose focus of those values and employees lose confidence in them.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott International

1. "I have been with the company for 6 years and plan on becoming a Marriott Lifer! Love the company!"

Current Employee - Event Planning and Banquet Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Event Planning and Banquet Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

The Marriott is a great opportunity to develop in the hospitality industry. The company is very open to growth from within and there are such a wide range of departments to learn about.

Cons

Sometimes it is all about who you know, rather than your efforts from the ground up. But this is the case with any company and though it can be frustrating at times, it just makes me more determined to earn my way up. :)

Advice to Management

I have worked at some hotels with strong leadership and some with weaker or less focused on the goal leadership. I think the number one priority of the company is satisfying the guest and creating guest loyalty. Being the leading brand in the hospitality industry, we already have the profit, now we need to work on the repeat customer!

2. "Great!"

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

great opportunity for advancement through hard work and dedication to the "culture" of Marriott. Excellent benefits as well as competitive salary.

Cons

The major downside from a F&B perspective is that a lot of the operation is a "color by numbers" situation handed down from corporate mandates. Balance of work/life is not all that they promote. Salaried staff often work 12-16hrs a day if need be days at a time.

Advice to Management

For the most part I have no real advise. My Management Team is always available and helpful in any matters I may have concerning my job.