Marriott International - I did not work here for a long period of time however, the management was wonderful and very accommodating. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott International

"I did not work here for a long period of time however, the management was wonderful and very accommodating."

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Ronkonkoma, NY
Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Ronkonkoma, NY

I have been working at Marriott International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and my manager was wonderful

Cons

not any at this time

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott International

"Many unprofessional supervisors and coworkers. Not a job for anyone outside of hospitality area."

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Ypsilanti, MI
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Ypsilanti, MI

I have been working at Marriott International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping people, getting to see regular guests.

Cons

VERY HIGH turnover rate, problems with upper management. Never rewarded or commended for a job well done at this property, no room for advancement unless you plan to work at this property for a minimum of at least ten years. Hires in a lot of full time college students with expectations of them being able to work full time.

2. "Looks can be deceiving"

I worked at Marriott International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at a TownePlace by marriot. Pros were that I wasn't tired after my shift or worn out, i got to work alone without my manager hovering over me, and i only had to work a few days because of the long shifts.

Cons

Cons were that there was zero communication that was at all helpful. My manager was never there because she was in charge of two hotels.she was always rude to me, disrespectful, and left passive-aggressive notes in our notebook we used to communicate. how can a hotel run on written communication like that? i was not trained well enough and constantly had no idea how to do anything that was out of the ordinary. i always had to call the other hotel and ask them or call my other manager. i worked at night so i always checked people in. we were supposed to get $1 each walk-in though i never saw proof of this or reflected in my pay check.

scores/surveys ran the hotel and changed her mood. the scores were low because the owners were cheap, hotel rooms were ugly and unappealing, no one is thoroughly trained ,and the hotel is deceiving in terms of looks. i was given one day a week my last week and knew that something was suspicious when she was hiring 3 other people for front desk. i was called in out of the ordinary at an abnormal time, and i knew i was getting "let go" because we were put on a 90 day probation which is why their turnover is so high. i think it's bs, so i gave them two weeks notice before they could fire me. they said to just go. i could not have been happier.

Advice to Management

communicate! stop leaving notes and speak with people to their face! 90 PROBATION IS BS. train people effectively so your turnover rate is not off the charts. even long term stay guests noticed the turn over.BE RESPECTFUL AND ASK US OUR PREFERENCE FOR HOLIDAY HOURS