Marriott International - Great Company, strong leadership, leader in hospitality industry. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott International

"Great Company, strong leadership, leader in hospitality industry."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Marriott International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Marriot is an excellant company to work that really embraces two mantras: "Success is never final," and "If you take care of your employees, then they'll take care of the guests'.

Cons

Marriott is a hotel management company and has to compete to win management contracts of various ownership groups. The benefits package offered to Marriott employees has been scaled back to be more competitive attracting hotel contracts.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott International

1. "Easy to work with"

Current Employee - Bellman in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Bellman in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Marriott International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm a full time student, and during down time when there aren't any guests arriving, I was able to study, do homework, and other things so that I didn't have to worry about it when I get off of work.

Cons

Not really a con, but they have long shifts, typically 7 AM to 3 PM and 3 PM to 11 PM straight. Home football games aren't fun either, usually having 200+ arrivals on a single night.

"Slightly above average in certain areas and certainly below average in others..."

Current Employee - Rooms Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Rooms Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Marriott International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent Training, Great potential for career growth, and International Company.

Cons

Extremely political!!! Salary compensation is certainly below other hotel companies!!!

Advice to Management

I really would like to see more career advancement of my peers based on work performance and not based on if one is liked on a personal level.

I really would like to see the company truly take a look at compensation particularly with managers. I applied for a for a promotion position and was offered the position. However, I struggled to decide if I wanted the position due to the low pay increase offered. It's extremely difficult when you are looking to advance and the advance requires relocation to an area where housing cost is 150-200% more then where you are currently located and the compensation increase less than is 11%.