Marriott International - Opportunities | Glassdoor

"Opportunities"

Former Employee - Rooms Manager
Former Employee - Rooms Manager

I worked at Marriott International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. They truly take care of their employees if you work hard. Lots of opportunities for upward movement and easy to transfer to other properties. Hotel room discount was awesome too.

Cons

I loved my work experience. There are not any cons that I can think of.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott International

1. "Working at Marriott"

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

pay suck at my hotel

Advice to Management

better training for the staff

"It's not Mr Marriott's Marriott anymore"

Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Marriott International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It WAS a great company to work for. We all gladly worked ourselves to death for the company that held it's employees on a pedestal. They wanted to do things right and that is what we did. Past tense.

Cons

Now that Mr Marriott is no longer at the helm that is all gone. The current management is risking driving the company into the ground, everything is being outsourced. I know this sound like a disgruntled employee rambling but it not just that (I am still an employee). We worked hard for this company and took great pride in it and now that is being just thrown away. The current direction puts the company at great risk as they will be just another hotel mgmt company except a lot more expensive. In the current era of "Insourcing" and after countless failed outsourcing attempts by other companies the current mgmt thinks they can do it better. I hope I'm wrong as I've put my heart and soul into this company but I have to say I'm concerned over Marriott's future.

Advice to Management

None. They are too far committed to turn back now. All we can hope for is the customers getting used to a lower level of service before they start jumping to other brands.