Marriott International - Pleasant, Fun, Educational, and a nice summer job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott International

"Pleasant, Fun, Educational, and a nice summer job."

Former Employee - Pool Attendant in Coronado, CA
Former Employee - Pool Attendant in Coronado, CA

I worked at Marriott International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Real, personable employees. Understanding, efficient management. There was great food in the cafeteria, the location was great. The company provides benefits and career options.

Cons

Not much. Some employees were a little snobbish, but what else would one expect working at a hotel. A truly great experience without much to complain about.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott International

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Marriott International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great corporate culture, attractive benefits, upward mobility based on merit, flexible work arrangements available, company places strong emphasis on employee input to improve work environment. Good leadership, recognition from superiors and coworkers.

Cons

Long hours (50+ hour standard work week), average pay. While company solicits employee input, it has limited effect due to budget constraints.

Advice to Management

Un-cap bonus structure to give more incentive to exceed goals. Better pay would improve morale, 50+ hour work weeks get draining- offer 40 hour weeks with same pay would have better retention and less burn out. Show more results from employee feedback (AOS)- not just telling us you're working at it, but verifiable solutions to the recurring issues employees have.

2. "A Place Where the People Matter"

I have been working at Marriott International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every Marriott property I have worked for has wonderful people. It sincerely has enriched my experience with the company to be graced with so many hard-working, genuine, intelligent, well-traveled fabulous people. If I can say one thing, it is that Marriott knows how to pick people who care about other guests and employees.

Cons

Very VERY strict rules with no discretion from management. They pretty much play by the book... Even if it seems silly. I've seen some of the best employees get fired for forgetting to punch in and some of the worst employees I've ever seen stay with the company forever.... and they are still moving up into management.

Advice to Management

Recognize and appreciate your best employees.... They will look for other opportunities outside of the company if they do not feel appreciated.