Marriott International - Great company | Glassdoor

"Great company"

Pros

Great employee discount at any Marriott brand hotel. I'd work there again just for that reason alone.

Cons

Not much room for creativity, terrible uniforms...it was an okay place for the most part but kind of life draining.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott International

"Left a good job for what seemed to be a promising opportunity but was laid off after 3 months with no warning."

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Marriott International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee discount, meal options, that's about it

Cons

Compensation, poor stability (laid off with another individual due to departmental cuts after three months of employment), no consideration for their employees

Advice to Management

Try to be more considerate of your employees. Do not fill with false hopes and promises.

2. "A Place Where the People Matter"

I have been working at Marriott International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every Marriott property I have worked for has wonderful people. It sincerely has enriched my experience with the company to be graced with so many hard-working, genuine, intelligent, well-traveled fabulous people. If I can say one thing, it is that Marriott knows how to pick people who care about other guests and employees.

Cons

Very VERY strict rules with no discretion from management. They pretty much play by the book... Even if it seems silly. I've seen some of the best employees get fired for forgetting to punch in and some of the worst employees I've ever seen stay with the company forever.... and they are still moving up into management.

Advice to Management

Recognize and appreciate your best employees.... They will look for other opportunities outside of the company if they do not feel appreciated.