Marriott International - A Place Where the People Matter | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott International

"A Place Where the People Matter"

I have been working at Marriott International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every Marriott property I have worked for has wonderful people. It sincerely has enriched my experience with the company to be graced with so many hard-working, genuine, intelligent, well-traveled fabulous people. If I can say one thing, it is that Marriott knows how to pick people who care about other guests and employees.

Cons

Very VERY strict rules with no discretion from management. They pretty much play by the book... Even if it seems silly. I've seen some of the best employees get fired for forgetting to punch in and some of the worst employees I've ever seen stay with the company forever.... and they are still moving up into management.

Advice to Management

Recognize and appreciate your best employees.... They will look for other opportunities outside of the company if they do not feel appreciated.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott International

1. "one of the Best hospitality companies"

I worked at Marriott International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

work life balance, relationships, benefits, training

Cons

limited growth opportunities, employees stay in positions for long periods of time

"Terrible PTO"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Marriott International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are nice and knowledgeable. Certain departments permit telecommuting. Health insurance is pretty decent.

Cons

The PTO for new hires is laughable, as you start out with 12 days. Not sure how this company can be rated top by working mother magazine! As a working mother, 12 days are not enough. Then they also decided to get rid of the "Borrow Leave" policy. So you have to use all your prior year leave by June 28, only get 12 days, cannot borrow any leave, thus have no PTO available for when your kids are on summer break. I'll be leaving this company next year. There are better places out there. Marriott had the reputation of being a great employer, but that certainly will fade, as more of the older people retire and new people with the same crappy benefits are hired.

Advice to Management

Who wants to be loyal to you, when you provide such horrible benefits? The pay is already below average, at least give people who you demand BA's, MA's, and CPA's from, a decent vacation policy.