Marriott International - Treats people very well (contractors included) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott International

"Treats people very well (contractors included)"

Former Contractor - Flash Developer in Bethesda, MD
Former Contractor - Flash Developer in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Marriott International as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent environment, talented people, employees are friendly. The company takes very good care of its employees. I came to Marriott after a low point in my career and a brief period of unemployment, and was immediately shocked by how welcoming, friendly, and accommodating everybody was. Nice discounts on hotel stays. Varied projects.

Cons

I don't have many bad things to say. Large workload, competing direction from project managers and clients. Lots of complicated process. I worked for their Web marketing operation, and the process of getting information onto their website was incredibly complicated, which actually worked to the company's disadvantage. Process of being hired is very long and convoluted: most employees come in as contractors, then move on to "part time" status, and after a year or two become real full-fledged full-time employees. If you can deal with this, the payoff is great.

Advice to Management

Pay a little more attention to the front lines.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott International

"I'll be moving on"

Current Employee - Night Auditor in Langhorne, PA
    Current Employee - Night Auditor in Langhorne, PA

I have been working at Marriott International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

quiet during the night hours, not super busy,

Cons

Hours, no bonuses, alone, 3-11 usually leaves the hotel a mess for me to clean, yet they are never corrected for not doing what is on the checklist.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to cut so many corners! It's very unsafe to have only one person working the desk at night, especially a female. I feel more like a houseman than a night auditor due to all of the cleaning that needs to happen during the shift. Other hotels have employees to help the desk and we have one person performing several jobs. If you're front desk, you should be front desk and NOT housekeeper, breakfast, laundry and maintenance. Also, make the hourly wage more attractive. $10 an hour does not help pay for anything in today's economy. The hotel can afford to not be cheap.

2. "Solid Company"

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Marriott International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good culture / philosophy, Solid corporate Leadership, many opportunities..

Cons

Work Life Balance may be a challenge, As expected Leadership varies from property to property and is not always very good.

Advice to Management

Need consistency across brands.