Marriott International - Awesome! | Glassdoor

"Awesome!"

Pros

Great people, liked the work

Cons

Awful pay. For someone with a college degree, it wasn't feasible to stay long term and work my way up. I worked there for a year, was always praised as an outstanding employee and ended up with a 35 cent pay raise.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott International

1. "Great place to start young career with great benefits and promising pay"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent

I worked at Marriott International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were lots of advancement opportunities, along with great benefits outside of hotel discounts and 401k programs. Company culture was strong, along with great coworkers as the result of proper interview processes. Company tries to give you the days off when requested.

Cons

Challenging hours at times as well as moderate increases in pay in SOME departments and roles. Management could use more help, but the economy could be in part to blame for insufficient staffing.

Advice to Management

Good job, enthusiasm is shown, but really having a more detailed training program outside of computers could show better improvement in the long run.

2. "I like the job"

Pros

I love the people, they are great in working with my needs as the mother of a growing family. i am constantly tought new skills and encouraged to apple for higher paying positions.

Cons

It can be very gossip-y, as I suppose most customer service based industries are