Marriott International - Good for a little while | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott International

"Good for a little while"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Midland, TX
Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Midland, TX

I worked at Marriott International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No drug test, easy, not bad pay, free dinner

Cons

Creepy drunk people, too much downtime, fixing others mistakes

Advice to Management

Fire all the managers. Theyre all incompetent.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott International

1. "It's great but will look for a better"

Current Employee - Front Desk Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Front Desk Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Marriott International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

fun to work, interesting, atmosphere, diverse

Cons

don't pay enough, anyone with any education can go in,

Advice to Management

pay

"Horrible Management. No raises - reviews - promotions EVER. No vacation time EVER guaranteed. EVERYONE dissatisfied."

Former Employee - Banquet Server in Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Banquet Server in Portland, ME

I worked at Marriott International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My co-workers were fantastic people. They really do become your family. These people will become the glue that holds you together. Which is a big reason why I last about 4 years at this company. Good hotel discounts during certain times of year

Cons

You will never get a raise...unless you get promoted...but YOU WILL never get promoted. They will hire someone outside the company that will not last 6 months. I asked for a promotion 3 times...given the same excuse EVERY TIME...but I was never given a chance. They will spout off to you about how someone is more educated and is better and more qualified THAN you. This will happen NO MATTER who you are. They do not value lasting reliable workers...and in the service industry...that is what is most important...YOUR EMPLOYEES...Than come the guests...because with no employees...you won't have anyone to serve your precious guests!

You will never be guaranteed a vacation. After 3 years of hard work. I was scorned for taking 6 days off to visit a sibling. Even if your fill out the required paperwork...be assured you will still be scheduled during the time you requested off! They will drill into your mind that you are there for the job and it all depends on business, but it's not realistic to spend your life worrying about a seasonal job that is only somewhat busy 5 to 6 months out of the year.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing honest hard- working people to the side and give them raises and promotions.. This gets old after a while...and you're great employees WILL leave, I promise you that. Offer advancement whenever possible and keep the workers you know that are irreplaceable happy..You won't ever regret that..What you will regret is interview after interview...and turn over to turn over wasting your precious time and energy.