Marriott International - Marriott gives me money and paid time off... | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott International

"Marriott gives me money and paid time off..."

Current Employee - Sous Chef in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Sous Chef in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Benefits, balanced work/ personal life

Cons

Some people with more time in get automatic raises and promotions

Advice to Management

Nothing, they treat me decent

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott International

1. "Marriott- They take care of their associates"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Pros

Marriott has many avenues within the company that one can pursue. I have encountered many dedicated & supportive people. This started as a job to get me through college and here I am 9 years later. You will work hard, long hours but in the end you are compensated. What keeps me is the flexibility I have with my schedule, and the people. Every place has its pros/cons but I strongly feel that the pros out weigh the cons at Marriott.

Cons

It is a big company, politics, communication gets lost, sometimes you feel like you are just a number. It is your job to stick it out and make something of yourself. No free rides here. Long hours, especially if you work in one of the hotels- hotels are open 24hrs a day/ 7 days a week/ 365 days a year- weekends, holidays they are all just another day.

Advice to Management

Marriott does a good job communicating the day to day stuff, but things get tough you have to communicate that too. Employees need to understand when things are going good and when things are going bad.

2. "Great company with pretty good opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Bethesda, MD

Pros

Quality management truly focused on the business while remembering the importance of taking care of their employees. Fair salaries, good benefits, smart people with loads of experience. Dedication to community service

Cons

Conservative, slow to respond to changes in the marketplace sometimes, some areas show few opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

It's important to "go to your bench" sometimes and give opportunities to well deserving, hard working, junior associates. Also, take risks and be adventurous without going crazy; it's important to adapt to our customers which are no longer just baby boomers.