Marriott International - Best place to work! | Glassdoor

"Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Front Desk in Elizabeth City, NC
Current Employee - Front Desk in Elizabeth City, NC

Pros

Working at Marriott is the best job oppourtunity that I have ever had. The manager is very understanding and professional at the same time. We have weekly guest here and they are the most down to earth people that I have met. It is like my second home here. It is a very professional place that gives you plenty of room for a career growth.

Cons

There are very few downsides to the front desk at a marriott. I would say dealing with rude guests or trying to answer the phones while checking people in. That's about it!

Advice to Management

I love everything about the Marriot and I appreciate all that has been done to keep us up and going. It really is the best job to have! Great job on all that you do and I am looking forward to being with Marriott for the years to come.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott International

1. ""ok""

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Rapid City, SD
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Rapid City, SD

Pros

Great hotel, great people. The cheap hotel rooms worldwide was by far the best incentive part of the job. I met several great people from around the world.

Cons

I orginally loved working for this place, however a few months into the posistion there was a change in management. Orginally we had several promotions and incentives for employees that gave us extra $$ on our paychecks.

Advice to Management

Do a better job at keeping your employees happy. Bill Marriott said, "If you treat your employees well, they treat your customers well." Live by that.

2. "Great company, but compensation levels are putting the organization at risk of losing talented people."

Current Employee - Corporate/Regional in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Corporate/Regional in Bethesda, MD

Pros

Great place to start a career. Lots of opportunity to pursue different areas of interest and map out your progression accordingly.

Cons

The purpose of this posting was really to shed some light on the very poor pay levels out of the corporate office. Being located close to DC, the cost of living is high and HR has neglected to take into account a reasonable pay structure. Employee engagement scores were just released from a company-wide survey and Marriott dropped considerably in terms of employee satisfaction with compensation compared to similar years as well as compared to competitors. It's a shame because it truly is a remarkable company but with the low salary grades it stands to reason that people are considering work elsewhere. HR is expected to react to the drop in satisfaction but with a company this large and the bureaucracy involved with getting anything done (especially in HR), it is unlikely that anyone will see a positive change in their lifetime.

Advice to Management

To HR:
    Consider DC as a metro area and deliver salaries that are relative to the cost of living. Allow autonomy of the hiring manager during salary negotiations. Seriously reconsider the role of HR in all processes - internally this workgroup is regarded as one of the worst aspects of working for Marriott - stop talking about what should be done and figure it out. Limit the process driven approach and learn how to deal with people.