Marriott Vacations Worldwide - Great work atmosphere, horrible upper management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott Vacations Worldwide

"Great work atmosphere, horrible upper management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Earning money was easy, easy job if you enjoy working hard, fun and chill atmosphere. Benefits were INCREDIBLE!! I regretted leaving because my heart broke when I quit, but it was my time to go.

Cons

management have the tendency to think only about the dollar signs and less about how they treat the people who actually face the guests. they forget that we are the ones selling what they are offering, and that we work hard so that they can sit in an office all day. No room for movement unless you are performing extra-curricular duties for management of some kind (read between the lines there....) Need to be more flexible with your hard-working employees. and DEFINITELY need to be more adaptable to change!! Not everyone wants to spend $16 on a cheeseburger and fries if they aren't super spectacular.

Advice to Management

out with the old folks, in with the semi-younger crowd! you'll never get fresh ideas for bigger and better sales until you gain more youthful management! (not talking about teenagers, strictly speaking about mid-twenties, early thirties - - - it would help the company more than you know!)

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott Vacations Worldwide

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Thomas, VI
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Thomas, VI

I have been working at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I sold Timeshare for Marriott and enjoyed the work environment. The training is great and and the management works hard to prepare you and give you all the tools you need to succeed.

Cons

Very Corporate attmosphere, it felt very cookie cutter for the sales process . I feel like if its a sales job you really have to let your personality shine , and it should be a bit more fun ..

"Sales Exec"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Singer Island, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Singer Island, FL

Pros

Great company to work for, great perks, enjoy the interaction with clients from all over the world (at least most of them), hours a great.

Cons

100% commish, best leads/tours give to the top sales exec - difficult to get to the top if you are not writing (and at the bottom you are fed least desirable tours), too many "lines", some rules are not black & white - rules change as needed, focus lost as to goal of TO line (at least at our resort)

Advice to Management

N/A