Marriott Vacations Worldwide - Bartender | Glassdoor

"Bartender"

Current Employee - Bartender in Hilton Head Island, SC
Current Employee - Bartender in Hilton Head Island, SC

I have been working at Marriott Vacations Worldwide part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met a whole bunch of great guest. Love goign to work everyday. Days were long but rewardigns

Cons

Manager lacked communication skills. There was no set schedule and very little time off

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott Vacations Worldwide

1. "Wonderful Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

MVC is a wonderful company to work for. They value their employees, striving to make us happy by having periodic fun events, great salaries and benefits.

Cons

I'm sure every department is different, so micro-politics may vary within each, but I can't come up with any real negative things to say. It's the best place I've worked.

2. "Great work atmosphere, horrible upper management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Earning money was easy, easy job if you enjoy working hard, fun and chill atmosphere. Benefits were INCREDIBLE!! I regretted leaving because my heart broke when I quit, but it was my time to go.

Cons

management have the tendency to think only about the dollar signs and less about how they treat the people who actually face the guests. they forget that we are the ones selling what they are offering, and that we work hard so that they can sit in an office all day. No room for movement unless you are performing extra-curricular duties for management of some kind (read between the lines there....) Need to be more flexible with your hard-working employees. and DEFINITELY need to be more adaptable to change!! Not everyone wants to spend $16 on a cheeseburger and fries if they aren't super spectacular.

Advice to Management

out with the old folks, in with the semi-younger crowd! you'll never get fresh ideas for bigger and better sales until you gain more youthful management! (not talking about teenagers, strictly speaking about mid-twenties, early thirties - - - it would help the company more than you know!)