Mars - Mars, Inc. was a great company to work for with opportunities for advancement. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mars

"Mars, Inc. was a great company to work for with opportunities for advancement."

Former Employee - Commercial Specialist in Hackettstown, NJ
Former Employee - Commercial Specialist in Hackettstown, NJ

I worked at Mars full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits and pay. Focuses on work/life balance. The open office environment encourages approachability. Promotes educational development through continuous training, development programs and education reimbursement.

Cons

As with most big companies its about who you know, this is not to say that opportunities are not available to all however, it can be hard to one to be noticed. Although they promote mentoring, some mangers do not provide sufficient time to develop their mentees.

Other Employee Reviews for Mars

"The What and the How"

Former Employee - Senior Management in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Management in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Mars full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company is organized. You can learn from this company.

Cons

You develop your successor. Then, you are gone. Mars moved from the "forced distribution" (Jack Welch ideology) to the "What and the How" with respect to mid and end of year Associate calibrations.
    Mars uses the "How" in a subjective manner to design their workforce. Lets put it this way.... If you are young and look good, you get promoted. If you have your head up someone's ___, you might survive past 50. Good luck. In short, you get around 50 years old and your days are numbered.

Advice to Management

Treat you tenured Associates who have worked so hard for you with respect and give them a chance.
    I seen so many people around 50 shown the door for no other reason but their age. Yes, use your power and take these very true statements off of this website. I am ashamed to have worked for this company where I did everything I could and in the right way.
    In short > one of these days, I hope to see a lawsuit against Mars around age descrimination. Your time will come.

"Losing Its Family Focus; Far Behind the Times with Pay and Compensation"

Current Employee - Currently Employed in Hackettstown, NJ
    Current Employee - Currently Employed in Hackettstown, NJ

I have been working at Mars full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Open environment and open-door policy.
    Flexible working schedules and good work-life balance.
    Relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Behind the times in pay and compensation. No where near the competition.
    Losing the family focus and moving more towards cold corporate atmosphere.
    Lack of security with constant reorganizations and lay-offs.
    Hires externally when there are skilled and qualified internal candidates that long overdue for promotion.