Mars - Have a taste for candy? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mars

"Have a taste for candy?"

Former Employee - Senior Network Analyst in Mount Olive, NJ
Former Employee - Senior Network Analyst in Mount Olive, NJ

I worked at Mars full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid company, diverse workforce, listen to associates, allow your to grow your career

Cons

Used to be a family-centered business that valued it's associates more. Since the elder Mars brother's retired, the company is now run by the kids/grandkids and it's much more about the bottom line.

Advice to Management

If you approve a budge for a project, don't yank funding for it later in the year. Focus more on individuals and their work/life balance.

Other Employee Reviews for Mars

1. "Good internship experience"

Former Intern - Intern in Hackettstown, NJ
    Former Intern - Intern in Hackettstown, NJ

I worked at Mars as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern, I was always treated as a member of the team I worked. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and easy to adapt to after college. Everyone was very friendly and I feel like I was setup to be successful during the internship.

Cons

Throughout my internship, I was told that I performed very well but there was never talk of full time employment opportunities. In the office I worked, the internship program was new and they were trying to prove it was worth doing. Seemed more like we were guinea pigs and they would look into properly developing the internship program for their next intern class.

"Utterly Dysfunctional."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at Mars full-time

Pros

Great training, exposure to interesting global projects and knowledgeable associates. Company has impressive principles and a benevolent underpinning.

Cons

Incredibly dysfunctional leadership team (led by a family member) with no strategic vision. Nothing ever gets accomplished because the management team changes direction constantly. This division routinely hires very bright people and fires them in 6 - 12 months when the annual business reviews come up and senior management needs scapegoats.

Advice to Management

You should be fired.