Cover image for Mars

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Unique and Collaborative Place to Work

Sep 23, 2022 - Director in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked at an organization that cares about their associates the way they do at Mars. Opportunities abound for career growth that helps you step out of your comfort zone and really grow. Highly recommend!

Cons

Sometimes collaboration can impede speed and agility. This is a known issue and one that is being actively worked on to improve.

5 people found this review helpful

Mars Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to share your experience with us and provide such great feedback. We are deeply committed to our Associates' wellbeing and development and we're happy to hear you're having a positive experience with us. If you would like to share any additional feedback or recommendations, please get in touch with your People and Organization team. Thank you!

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

great company to work for

Jan 30, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great people, great compensation and benefits

Cons

complex organization, sometimes it is a bit difficult to navigate

Be the first to find this review helpful

Mars Response

We’re so happy to hear your experience with us was positive. Our Associates’ wellbeing and development are hugely important to us, and it’s always good to hear good feedback. We wish you every success in your future endeavours. Thank you for taking the time to share!

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

A cult might be less cultish than here

Dec 29, 2022 - Associate Director in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

. Excellent product recognition . Chances to collaborate and work with teams across the globe . Slow paced ( when was the last time a new product or way to market was created?) . Old School so no need to hurry . 95% of Director and Higher positions are EU expats so get to hear a lot of British Jokes and humor

Cons

. Mediocre pay, but the slow pace of works means its worth it . Being in the USA, one can forget about promotions above Associate Director levels, and given the slow pace of work, why would anyone want a promotion . Senior leadership is a clique and tribal in nature. however, if one isn't looking for promotions then an excellent place to retire . The family really doesn't look for high performers, its the accent that brings a promotion. . It's not any different than any private owned company, where everyone sings praises of the "family", and it's ok, as long as you remember its "the family" and not your family they care about :). . No diversity to speak about, the only diversity I saw was the expats and I think color of one's skin doesn't matter here, but the color of one's passport needs to be the EU passport.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Mars Response

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We’re very sorry to hear your experience with us has not been positive, and we’d like to find out how we can improve - we aim to support our Associates in every way throughout their time with us, and are deeply committed to their wellbeing and development. Please reach out to the independent, confidential team at ombudsman@effem.com, and we look forward to discussing this further.

Discover more reviews about Mars.

Mars Photos

+ Add Photo
Mars photo of: Mars Belgium.
Mars photo of: Associates.
Mars photo of: Slough office.
Mars photo of: Associates doing Yoga.
Mars photo of: Dogs in the office.
Mars photo of: Confectionery office.
Mars photo of: Birstall Factory.

Mars Job Seekers Also Viewed