Marsh - Vice President - GIT | Glassdoor

"Vice President - GIT"

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Hoboken, NJ
Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Hoboken, NJ

I worked at Marsh full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nothing that can invite the top talent but good for pedestrian and mediocre talent. The place can really become nice to work if the current top management is fired and new set of leadership is brought that has hands on knowledge and are technical and also respect the IT resources.

Cons

Very weak IT management, no vision, top management laced with insecurity, mantra applied "award the mediocrity and suppress the meritocracy", filled with "yes sir" culture. Highly disorganized with the leaders having no clue how to run and IT organization.

Advice to Management

Fire the top IT management and flatten the organization of hierarchy. Top management pay and bonus should be directly linked to the performance and they should be held responsible

Other Employee Reviews for Marsh

"This place will suck your soul out."

Former Employee - Certificate Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Certificate Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at Marsh full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the brokers were very helpful and I did learn a fair bit. Benefits were decent, vacation time was plentiful.

Cons

It was impossible to get a day off. My supervisor was unwilling to let me get one morning off to buy a house, but took two weeks off to go to Europe after half of our team quit. Often, he would swing by my desk before he left on for the weekend and pressure me to work weekends (just like the manager in "Office Space"). Training is terrible, and because the workload is so heavy new employees are given trial by fire. No one is happy at Marsh in Austin, and the work environment is miserable.

Advice to Management

Show some appreciation for the little guys, create a real training program and put a bit of thought into who you promote as a supervisor or team lead.

2. "If your department's NOI isn't stellar, your severance package may be on it's way from HR!"

Current Employee - Client Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Client Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Marsh full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO and Company Benefits for officers are very good - equal or better than industry standard. IT department and support does excellent job with keeping pace with change.

Cons

Upper Management changes what they want from their workforce as often as they change their wardrobe - with each season! Employees need some stability - constant upheaval at management level creates stress.

Advice to Management

Top Management is more worried about image and how Marsh looks from the outside instead of providing a nurturing environment for their workforce. Get back to the basics of providing excellent service to the client by retaining the devoted, long-term employees