Marsh - Lots of Hands in the Cookie Jar, but Comfy | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Marsh

"Lots of Hands in the Cookie Jar, but Comfy"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Washington, DC

I worked at Marsh full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My first real job out of school, was working as a desktop publisher for Marsh in Washington, DC. Temped for over a year waiting on a promise of full-tire hiring, and eventually got to define my position, and grew into a Graphic Designer. An excellent boost for my resume. I loved the atmosphere of the huge company (so many names and faces to learn), the luxury break rooms and the fancy lobby.

I also enjoyed having a lot of down time with which to mess around on the internet and still get paid!

Cons

Priorities were constantly back and forth as there are so many folks in management that tend to clash. My department completely dissolved a few months after I left the company.

Advice to Management

Work on honing a global mission that includes a more cohesive structure concerning internal support teams.

Other Employee Reviews for Marsh

1. "Good Pay, Poor Management"

Former Employee - Policy Review in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Policy Review in Austin, TX

I worked at Marsh full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits package was great. It was definitely worth the time, energy, and work requested. The building and location were excellent. The work was challenging while not being overly stressful.

Cons

Management could not seem to get there act together between the old hubs and new hubs. Constant discord, changing of policies/practices and quality standards. Upper management was changed without warning and layoffs came out of the blue.

Advice to Management

Establish a proven system of QA and foster communication between departments as well as with clients and client teams.

2. "POOR LEADERSHIP IN FINPRO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Marsh full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, colleagues and collaboration across departments.

Cons

FINPRO leadership is detached and focused on "managing up" and taking care of their friends, rather than those colleagues that actually do the work. Performance reviews and bonuses are determined by a "beauty contest" under the corporate guise of "curve ranking", which does nothing but serves the purpose of leadership that punishes and retaliates against dissenters. I agree with the other commenter who noted that Marsh lies about giving raises. They do not…unless, of course, you are well-connected, OR you complain and they want to use you until they can find someone else to replace you!

Advice to Management

Practice The Greater Good, and especially the Integrity portion of IGNITE!