Marsh & McLennan Companies - Great Company | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Due to restructuring in the department there was no work/life balance" (in 23 reviews)

• "senior management always looking to cut costs, usually through laying off people" (in 20 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time

Pros

Working at MMC has allowed me to stretch my wings and grow my career. I have moved through the company into so many different roles. Additionally, I have made life long friends and colleagues here.

Cons

Technology infrastructure is really dated and limits opportunities for business growth.

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

Apr 2, 2018 – CHRO

Thanks for the feedback and we agree - our technology needs work. That's why we have kicked off a tech modernization project. You will see some significant changes to help make it easier to do your... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Enthusiastic at first but then you will see and feel the neglect in structure."

Pros

They do well with associate appreciation and great benefits.

Cons

Arbitrary work environment. Training needs developing. Lack of honesty.

Advice to Management

Providing material for training would be helpful.

"Middle managment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Middle Management in Redding Cen, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Middle Management in Redding Cen, CT

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

High quality people, good reputation in the industry, good place to get feet wet (just don't plan on staying if you expect to be paid more when you get promoted or take on extra work or responsibility.)

Cons

Don't know about all op-cos but Marsh U.S. has a completely dysfunctional pay system. Long term employee are taken for granted and not given decent pay raises even if promoted or taking on new responsibilities. Lower level managers are put in awkward position of paying new people more for same job then veterans because many long term employees pay lags way behind market. While company says pay is based on company results and will ad your individual efforts. the company resulted in managements mind are always so poor the raise and bonus pools are always so small there is never enough money in the pool to reward those that do extra or whose pay has fallen behind.

Advice to Management

Your long term employees are loyal to you, try to be loyal to them. You have acknowledged the pay problem, now do something about it before you loose more of your best talent.

Discover more reviews about Marsh & McLennan Companies.