Marsh & McLennan Companies - OK to get your foot in the door of the insurance business but not to stay long term | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Due to restructuring in the department there was no work/life balance" (in 23 reviews)

• "senior management always looking to cut costs, usually through laying off people" (in 20 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"OK to get your foot in the door of the insurance business but not to stay long term"

Pros

- Pay is OK
- Work isn't too difficult

Cons

- Some of the managers are absolutely terrible and will micro-manage you every step of the way. If you get a good manager then it's not too bad. My manager watched every move you made to the point you were afraid to get up to take a break. About 6 of us quit in a period of 2 months because he was basically harassing us and upper management did absolutely nothing about it as the employees on the team dwindled down to nothing, so that way the ones that remained were completely stressed and overworked. There are at least 1-2 other managers like this but if you have a good manager then this job isn't bad to get your foot in the door of the insurance business.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Intimidation, gaslighting, fear"

Former Employee - Insurance Broker in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Insurance Broker in Chicago, IL

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can’t think of one pro except it being a paycheck.

Cons

Toxic culture rampant in one large group in Chicago, as described see another person’s post from 12/12. Two managers drove out almost two entire teams with their micromanagement, intimidation, gaslighting and harassment, while upper management and HR stood idly by. Against all logic, said managers are still employed. Who would want to work in this stressful environment? Who wants to go to work in fear every day?

Advice to Management

Hire management that can check egos at door. Get rid of bullies.

"Digital and Design Intern"

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time

Pros

Professional environment really teaches me a lot

Cons

rigid culture and little connection between colleagues

Discover more reviews about Marsh & McLennan Companies.