Marshalls - Fast paced. Horrible customers. Horrible management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Marshalls

"Fast paced. Horrible customers. Horrible management."

Current Employee - Merchandise Associate in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Merchandise Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Marshalls part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My co-workers are nice and understanding. The whole store is pretty much about teamwork.

Cons

Management is strict. Customers think they own the place. The managers always want us to work, work, work even though all the work has been done and there are no customers in line. I was hired for part-time and they scheduled me for 40 hours. I tried to make arrangements with my schedule but the manager did not hear me out. You cannot climb the ladder in the store. Low pay for high quality work. NEXT!

Advice to Management

Management need to start caring about their employees. Start paying more. Maybe the employees would be more satisfy.

Other Employee Reviews for Marshalls

"Ok place to work at nothing more"

Current Employee - Cusomer Service in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Cusomer Service in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Marshalls part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work with some good people.
    weekly pay checks which is nice.

Cons

Hours are always changing dont have steady set schedule I guess like in most retail jobs
    Most of the employees hired are younger people teenagers or early college age nothing wrong with that but many of them in that age range tend to slack off more by call in sick showing up late for work....this store like Ross discount store does not really attract people that are looking for a long term career home..proubly most likely do to low pay and not very good steady hours.

Advice to Management

Be more observant about what is going on in the store with certain employees...pay more attention to notice which ones are slacking off..and which ones are good dedicated workers that are always there and that dont slack off..I have heard some employees say things..and I think I cant believe they can get away with having that type of attitude towards their job.

"I had a neutral experience at Marshalls, nothing special just an ordinary job."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Babylon, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Babylon, NY

Pros

The people were incredible to work with, some more than others. Very flexible when you ask for a day off.

Cons

Management isn't that structured. Are always changing your schedule. I believe that management should be rotated to different stores because too many cliques are formed. (this is just at my store do not know about other stores)

Advice to Management

Treat everyone fairly and do not play any favorites.