Marshalls - I had a great time at Marshalls! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Marshalls

"I had a great time at Marshalls!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Leandro, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Leandro, CA

I worked at Marshalls part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment. Very encouraging and supportive people. Really invested in the success of the store and it's employees. Was a great experience for a first job and working for Marshalls really teaches you how to stay on your feet in a fast-pace work environment. Over all I would recommend!

Cons

There were nights we ended up working long past the scheduled amount of time so much so that we had to get paid extra but were blamed for not telling the manager that it was time to go home. The little things like keeping the managers clocks in check were kind of irritating especially when they were expecting more of you.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard and management will be your friend. There were a lot of perks to working at Marshalls. At our store birthdays were celebrated and people leaving the Marshalls team were given a warm farewell.

Other Employee Reviews for Marshalls

1. "Great for the permanent student"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Marshalls part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible with hours, once you work for the company for at least 5 years you incur better part time benefits, many incentives to reach goals.

Cons

Like most companies post 2008, Marshalls ended up cutting many great benefits to its workforce, forced many employees to go part time, decreased amount of employees able to share in health benefits. Marshalls also shifted its model to get more work out of its short term employees.

Advice to Management

I liked working for this company pre-2008 because there was a more inclusive sense of family. If you take good care of your employees, they will take care of you. So, I understand the bottom line keeps companies alive, I hope the cutbacks don't become a calculated portion of profit.

2. "The BEST company to have a career with!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in West Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in West Seattle, WA

I have been working at Marshalls full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are great customers that shop there & associates who are absolutely great at customer service. It is a very positive environment!

Cons

There are no Cons to having a career with Marshalls. We should learn to look at Cons as an opportunity to create something positive from it.