Marten Transport - Average weekly miles are world 1800 miles for seven days working out of Chester VA terminal. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Marten Transport

"Average weekly miles are world 1800 miles for seven days working out of Chester VA terminal."

Current Employee - Driver
Current Employee - Driver

Pros

Benefits , the managers, nice equipment, easy company to work for.

Cons

Not enough miles and pore planning by the load planners . If the drivers is not making enough money the company is not either. If it was on a graph , high pay would equal high revenue.

Advice to Management

If your driver managers are going to manage the driver, they need better controll of routing the driver to utilize there time and equipment. I have noticed my driver manager telling me after a week on the road and 1800 miles later that they have to go by what the planners are giving them for me. The planner has no idea my situation , my milage status and apparently no incentive to keep a driver moving and not sitting one day and then driving the next. I had 8 day on this pay period with a total of 1875 Hub miles on the tractor. I don't think as a driver I need to keep having to complain about compensation of pay for one week on the road and doing everything I am suppose to do. You should have a guarentee each week and if the planners cannot do there jobs , let it count against them . Thanks for reading this . I like marten but hate the pay.

Other Employee Reviews for Marten Transport

"Good solid company"

Pros

High wattage installed inverters, generators, bunk ac/heating. Decent pay and now instant hourly pay for those shippers that like to make us sit at a dock for 14hrs. Management seems to be aware of what brings home the bacon and consequently takes better care of its drivers than any other trucking company I have been with.

Cons

Easy to get a bad reputation if you stand up for yourself with abusive customers or DOT officers. Dispatch and load planners need to understand there are some serious jerks out there messing with us truck drivers constantly. Young dispatchers need to know that we are working long hours away from home constantly with all of the responsibility and almost no authority. Pushing productivity to the max tends to put a bunch of stress on us and consequently we tend to be a bit grouchy at that point. Some dispatchers/load planners get that and make this job tolerable but those few that don't can make life a misery.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the pay increases, the nice truck equipment, not requiring us to chain, and helping us deal with the people out here who do their utmost to make life miserable. An offer of a 3 day local work week plan would allow me to have a life, wife, and family ; ) (36hr work week over three day)

"its a job"

Pros

good trucks, steady work, no slip seating, take trucks home on home time, great benefits, great Insurance. some of the people will really work hard for you.

Cons

Sliding pay scale is hard to understand., A driver never really knows what they are making on a run. Dispatchers never answering the phone or return a phone call, Going to the shop and sitting for hours and days to get your truck worked on and receiving no pay for sitting. And getting any layover pay takes the grace of god to get.

Advice to Management

work with the drivers. because they are only human. Treat us like we are needed there and not just a number. Respect our home time and don't be calling us on our days off. We don't bother you when you are off. Make the fuel books alot like the old ones they were easier to read. and most of all remember if it was not for us drivers none of you would have a job.