Martha Stewart Living - working at martha | Glassdoor

"working at martha"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Martha Stewart Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people working at MSLO are great. creative, smart, hard working and fun.

Cons

upper management lives in a bubble. they don't treat employees with respect.

Advice to Management

wake up

Other Employee Reviews for Martha Stewart Living

1. "Looks great on the resume but..."

Former Contractor - Editorial Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Editorial Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Martha Stewart Living as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Employer was sensitive to the fact that I was in grad school and gave me time off without me having to ask when she could see I needed it.

Cons

As opposed to other print news outlets I've worked for were people are friendly and engage in frequent lively discussions, the environment at MSL was very weird/quiet. People didn't speak to those they sit next to everyday unless there was a meeting or they were working on something together.

"Awful location, awful building, declining empire, where will you be in a year, Martha?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Martha Stewart Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the people who work here are very passionate about the brand. Some of the people are very nice and then there's a group who are constantly pointing fingers and don't even understand the business.

Cons

The location is horrendous. From any subway in the city, it's a 20 minute walk plus your regular commute. The shuttle service offered is a joke. Most of the time, it's not working or there's one bus every 40 minutes. The building itself MUST be in violation of some law -- there's frequently either no water, no heat, and the elevator service is awaiting a disaster -- there's only 8 elevators that service this super sized bldg and there's often a line waiting for elevators and everyone packs in like sardines. Add another 10 minutes to get in and out of the elevators to your commute. The company is going nowhere but south. The papers are all over the fact that this company has never made money except one year. $s continue to decline. Maybe Dienst is here to get ready for a sale? There's no job security. The only guarantee is that you will be cold in the winters and there will be an anticipated layoff every year. The corporate policies inhibit any creative person (sales or otherwise) from doing any real entertaining without worrying about violating some policy.