Mary Kay - It has helped me grow as a person by not only reaching out to others but also inspiring me to chase my goals and dreams. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mary Kay

"It has helped me grow as a person by not only reaching out to others but also inspiring me to chase my goals and dreams."

Former Employee - Red Jacket in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Red Jacket in Miami, FL

Pros

money, enriching the lives of other women, recognition, being able to fulfill your dreams.

Cons

must be able to dedicate *enough* time to it, people are hesitant to try it, dependant on other people to reach maximum growth

Other Employee Reviews for Mary Kay

"The Most Disrespectful, Unprofessional and Political Company in My Career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Pros

This company is having it's best year ever, apparently. Many people go to work here because of the core values of the company and it's mission from it's founder - to enrich womens lives. Unfortunately, the real culture of the company isn't what it's portrayed to be from the outside looking in.

Cons

Political and backstabbing. I was given no feedback on my job performance. Too many managers are plotting with each other to keep their jobs while plotting to get others fired.

Meanwhile, they are not doing their jobs. They're making their employees do all their work which puts an incredible amount of pressure on the employees, who have no voice. They have no voice because the directors who oversee the managers give complete and blind support to their managers. This creates a large window of opportunity for abuse of power by the managers.

Advice to Management

Take a serious look at your middle managers who've been there for 12+ years. Then take a serious look at their managers, the directors. Actually seek out your employee-level workers and begin to build a conversation with them. Create a culture that promotes fairness to everyone, not supreme rule by a few. Make it okay to talk to someone about their managers if they feel they are being mistreated and taken advantage of. Send the message to management that they are not "untouchable" - that they are accountable for the well being of their team members - not just the sales numbers. Make their employees' approval count for something. Make it a two-way street. Give your employees a voice because their managers aren't giving them one. Base their performance reviews on how their employees rate them.

2. "Not the best!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Corporate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Corporate in Dallas, TX

Pros

Pay is a little bit more then other companies
    Benefits use to be really good but are starting to become much like other companies
    Tuition Assistance

Cons

If you are an assistant you will not advance no matter if you get your Bachlor's degree.
    Clicks within groups. Like you were in high school
    People are not straight forward
    You dont know when you make mistakes until you get your review.
    Not easy to trust people they will throw you under the bus
    There is NO Golden Rule within certain teams!!!
    Administrative Assistant get left out of things and are treated lesser.

Advice to Management

Evaluate their Directors and VP's better.