Mary Kay - Mary Kay has the best opportunities for EVERY WOMAN! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mary Kay

"Mary Kay has the best opportunities for EVERY WOMAN!"

Current Employee - Independent Beauty Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Independent Beauty Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

I appreciate that I can work at my own pace. If I want to advance in my position, or even change my position, I am free to do so. The network of sharp and intelligent women inspire me as I work to reach my own goals. I have so many people to encourage and even help me attain those goals as well. The product is awesome and very comparable to other products in the beauty category. We, as consultants, receive continuous training and education whenever we want it.

Cons

The only downside for me is that when I don't work...I don't get paid. Go figure!

Advice to Management

Continue the good work! You all have such a major influence on the lives of the women you come in contact with and also the consultants you add to your units. Your hard work may seem to go unnoticed, but we see what you are doing and sacrificing!

Other Employee Reviews for Mary Kay

1. "The Mary Kay Way: Opportunity of a lifetime for any woman!"

Current Employee - Senior Independent Beauty Consultant in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Independent Beauty Consultant in Reno, NV

Pros

Mary Kay Cosmetics exists to assist in any life needs that you may have. If you want more time to spend with family, that's what it allows. If you want to increase your income, you choose how much you want, and put the appropriate time into achieving that goal. If you a woman looking for a sense of accomplishment in your life, you have the ability to choose how far up on the career ladder you want to go. And, this all includes wonderful prizes, encouragement, training, and meeting amazing people all along the way.

Cons

You may hear a lot of rejection in your business. Many people are not too fond of the idea of being "sold" on either the products, or career opportunity. But, you can't take it personally, as it's not the consultant they're rejecting, but the quality products or incredible career they're missing out on.

Advice to Management

Just make sure consultants know from the beginning that this is not a "get-rich-quick" scheme, but it's an actual career that, like any other, needs to be taken seriously in order to succeed.

2. "Tough economic times is the perfect time to join the Mary Kay community!"

Current Employee - Independent Beauty Consultant in Clovis, NM
    Current Employee - Independent Beauty Consultant in Clovis, NM

Pros

I set my own schedule; I take time off without needing prior approval; my work travels with me; my network of fellow Mary Kay consultants/directors/etc. are a TON of fun and very supportive--always willing to help me grow my business; the company is uplifting and encouraging and ready to assist in any way; the products truly sell themselves!

Cons

If you do not have the self motivation to go out and work, it can be difficult to find enough customers to make a comfortable living.

Advice to Management

Take into consideration a consultant's specific situation(s) (when possible) and realize their sales may be flucuating due to personal health, frequent moving, or possibly not enough education on how to excell quickly.