"Once a great company. Horribly mismanaged. Management either disconnected or fake & vengeful. Very cliquish."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Mary Kay full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits and work/life balance. Generous product discount and onsite restaurant. Generous 401K possibilities and corporate discounts. Enjoyed working with my peers and direct reports.

Cons

Too much disingenuous "fake it til you make it" attitude and butt kissing in the corporate office. Worked with a handful of managers with integrity and good intentions. In my experience, most managers, directors and VPs (and above) "manage UP," looking out for their own self interest rather than looking out for their direct reports. Gossip, backstabbing and drama are par for the course. Difficult to know whom to trust. Everyone is distrustful of HR. Culture has slowly dissipated since Mary Kay Ash's passing.

Continue reading
  1. "AMAZING CULTURE & COMPANY!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Department

I worked at Mary Kay full-time for less than a year

Pros

BEST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED! Beautiful building. Tight security to protect their employees. Friendly departments and staff. Caring managers. Insightful professionals. Polished and Private work space Respect, Discrete, Hard-working Individuals This place is astounding. I left my role assuming a higher title elsewhere, but regretted my departure. Mary Kay not only represent women and diversity, but they also employ the most respectful and personable men. I never encountered anyone negative or unprofessional. The energy there is infectious. Upon my first day, I noted how everyone led wiwth confidence & resolve.

Cons

None. I miss working at this company. I have never found anything close to it.

Continue reading
  2. "Great Experience, not much room for growth"

4.0
    Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Mary Kay

Pros

Great experience. Learned so much from this internship and gained a lot of hands on Beauty Marketing experience

Cons

Not a lot of room for interns to seek entry-level positions.

Discover more reviews about Mary Kay.