Mary Kay - Mary Kay is an amazing opportunity for those who are driven and self-motivated. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mary Kay

"Mary Kay is an amazing opportunity for those who are driven and self-motivated."

Current Employee - Future Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Future Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mary Kay part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is second to none. I work with wonderful positive people who are supportive and inspiring. My income is based on my effort and I love it! If I want to make $100,000 this year then $100,000 it is.

Cons

The challenges are that you have to work hard. You can't just skate along like a corporate job and collect a paycheck. The upside is the more you work the more your paid whereas on salary no matter how much or how little you work your check is the same.

Other Employee Reviews for Mary Kay

"Great job if you're not afraid of hard work and sales"

Current Employee - Independent Beauty Consultant in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Independent Beauty Consultant in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Mary Kay part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You make your own hours and decide how hard you want to work. It's a very fun environment, lots of support, and you decide with whom you work.

Cons

It is very easy to over-order your inventory and get stuck with old product that you can not sell. You need to be ready and willing to find your own clientele, and able to build on your own network of customers in order to generate new connections. In order to advance, you need to build a large team of consultants underneath you.

"It's What You Make of It!"

Current Employee - Independent Future Sales Director in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Independent Future Sales Director in Miami, FL

I have been working at Mary Kay part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are paid according to your efforts. If you put the time and energy into the business, it is a successeful enterprise. You can start your own business without having to invent your own business and everything about it.

Cons

While not really a "Con", it certainly takes discipline and dedication to be successful. But that's the case with any entrepreneurial endeavor.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing.