Maryland Community Connection - Run far away | Glassdoor

"Run far away"

I worked at Maryland Community Connection full-time

Pros

Birthday is a holiday, helping people with disabilities in the community

Cons

petty, unprofessional, non-communicative management, camaraderie is discouraged among staff, even though work still gets done because of it

Advice to Management

Day to day operations are ok... just stay. out. of. the. office. It is VERY petty. People that are hard working and devoted are treated like crap and the people that don't know their right hand from their left are doted upon. When things get messed up (and they will, make no mistake), they reach out to the hard worker to fix it, but will continue to treat them like crap. If you try to have a separate life from... work, you're ridiculed (to your face and behind your back). They constantly judge and make fun of their employees One (great) employee left based solely on how poor staff was treated They have events outside of work hours that are not mandatory but if you don't attend, then they turn their noses up at you because you're getting paid. Money ISN'T everything. If you think it is, you'll change your mind working here. They try to give stuff you DONT need to appease you, then get mad when people on't appreciate it. I'm talking "parties" during work hours, family events (i refuse to subject my family to this), etc, but then, behind the scenes, discourage camaraderie between staff members. Makes no sense. And they LOVE to talk about how communication is key.... but wont communicate key information... CONSTANTLY! Working here will give you a headache They constantly hire young millennials, but don't want to hear new ideas or integrate new technologies. There is no official training program. You read client books and then shadow a couple of other staff members. Management does not ensure that you learn the information needed to do this job. Then they'll hold other staff responsible for what the new staff doesnt know. Management does NOT know how to manage. So much so, they'll fir people just because they're OVERstaffed; they dont know how to manage effectively. But micromanaging is a thing. You breathe too hard, you might get fired. To them, it's not about getting the job done; it's about doing the job how they see fit. for example, a client needed a ride to work. Another staff volunteered to take them. I came in and was told, I'll have other staff come back because YOU need to take the client. My thing is, other staff already had a head start and the client needs to get to work! What does it matter WHO take her? Especially since someone is already en route?? Management will also find the dumbest, asinine, petty reason to want to fire you. You could have a great work ethic, get great reviews from clients/parents, but God forbid you don't wear a blazer in 100 degree weather, you could get fired. Ever hear the phrase "Cutting off your nose to spite your face"? This company is the epitome of that. It's sad because they find such dedicated people and crap on them. I have seen people come in, wide eyed and ready to help and serve others. It isn't long until that desire is wiped out and they're ready to leave because they are downtrodden. Please don't work here. for the sake of your mental and physical health.

Maryland Community Connection 2017-05-18

Other Employee Reviews

1. "My experience at MCC"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Maryland Community Connection full-time

Pros

Helping individuals with disabilities be independent and self-sufficient in the community. MCC puts its clients and staff first. The Executive Director and Management team invests in the staff with trainings (at no cost to employee), Monthly staff events, Bonuses, All the holidays off, Your birthday off (no other employer does that) and so much more. My work experience has been great. MCC works hard but they also... play hard and it balances itself. I would definitely recommend MCC to anyone. I truly love working here and being able to provide assistance and help to individuals that need it the most. It is very fulfilling working here. Management team works with you in the areas that you need help in to help you become the best you.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about MCC. You get what you put it. This is not a "easy breezy" job so if you don't want to work then this is not the job for you. If you like working and being busy then you will fit right in.

Maryland Community Connection 2016-06-23

"Employee"

I worked at Maryland Community Connection full-time

Pros

Supporting adults with disabilities

Cons

Management provides inconsistent instruction. Unhealthy environment to learn

Maryland Community Connection 2018-10-21

Discover more reviews about Maryland Community Connection .